Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Hi there. We were at meloneras a few years ago. This is a lovely upmarket area(going back next summer) shops are nearby but don't know much about amusement arcades. We had our 16 year old son with us, but he spent his time at the pool and entertainment in the evening. I am sure with the size of the hotel he will meet someone he can hang around with. Also handy being all inclusive so he doesn't need to carry money around with him or keep pestering you!!!! Hope this helps a bit.
OOPS sorry didn't realise you were asking about the shops at maspalomas. I'm afraid we didn't get any further than the shops at meloneras(where your hotel actually is) as this was such a lovely area. Hope someone else can advise you on maspalomas shops.
I'm struggling to place the Riu Club, but I'm pretty sure it's about 10-15 minutes walk west of the lighthouse/sand dunes, so if you come out of the rear of the hotel, you'd turn left and the first shops/restaurants would be about 10 minutes walk.

Can't honestly remember any amusement arcades in the area.
Is that the big white hotel just past the Varadero cc, if it is there is an arcade just outsite the Varadero next to the supermecardo by the Funde Grub which sells perfume etc.
The Faro 2 Centre is probably the main shopping place for Maspalomas, It's about 4 years since I was there, but it had a selection of bars, shops and restaurants and was on two levels. The bars were the type that show sky sports, cater to the British market had the odd machine in them. Seemed quite lively so I would imagine a 15 year old could be kept entertained. There was also 4 of the huge trampolines with harnesses that older kids seem to like.

We also liked to eat the restaurants at Melonaras/The lighthouse as it was a lovely area, but the shops were all designer there and not open of an evening (but it was March/April time).

HTH

Doe
I think the big white hotel is the Riu Palace. Will have to take a look on Google Earth.
The riu clubhotel is next door to the Riu Meloneras Palace. As you face the Palace on the promenade it is to the left nearer to meloneras beach.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.