Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Meltemi Village
10 Posts
hi john
me and my family(5 of us) are going to meltemi village in hersonissos in may and we wanted to know a bit more about it too try asking jeeves we did and got a 360 degree tour of the hotel we are staying in but i tried looking again and cant find it.when is your friend going??? might see her out there.hope this helps i will keep looking and if i see anything i will let you konw
allthe best
michelle
How did you enjoy Meltemi Village. We have booked to go in September 2006. What is the general area like. Is it close to Hersonissos main town?Are the hotel facilities good? Any comments would be gratefully received.
Thanks
Debbie Stuart
hi stuey
it was lovely,cant fault it.we went begining of may and the season was just starting.so it wasnt very busy at resort,but spoke to the owner and he said this is going to get packed,and just as we were leaving it was starting to fill up.the hotel is absolutely sparkling,you get free local drinks but you have to pay for tea and coffee between 2-4 its free. entertainment was brilliant,it was great for the kids.it is the first time english have used the hotel.normally its only used by the germans,so we was one of the first english guests to arrive.nearest supermarket is about a 15-20 min walk,to hersonissos,and across the road from supermarket is star beach,you have got to go there its really nice.if they say to go to heraklion market,then dont waste your money it is rubbish.they all say its great but we booked a trip through the reps, and all that is at the market is fresh fruit and veg and a piles of second hand clothes for 1.50 euros.if you need anymore info please feel free to get in touch.could you do me a favour,could you say hi to dan and the girls and tell him to check his email check trash inbox.tell him its shelly,terry and darcey.
enjoy your holiday,i know you will.
lots of love
shelly.
hi stuey
it was lovely,cant fault it.we went begining of may and the season was just starting.so it wasnt very busy at resort,but spoke to the owner and he said this is going to get packed,and just as we were leaving it was starting to fill up.the hotel is absolutely sparkling,you get free local drinks but you have to pay for tea and coffee between 2-4 its free. entertainment was brilliant,it was great for the kids.it is the first time english have used the hotel.normally its only used by the germans,so we was one of the first english guests to arrive.nearest supermarket is about a 15-20 min walk,to hersonissos,and across the road from supermarket is star beach,you have got to go there its really nice.if they say to go to heraklion market,then dont waste your money it is rubbish.they all say its great but we booked a trip through the reps, and all that is at the market is fresh fruit and veg and a piles of second hand clothes for 1.50 euros.if you need anymore info please feel free to get in touch.could you do me a favour,could you say hi to dan and the girls and tell him to check his email check trash inbox.tell him its shelly,terry and darcey.
lots of love
shelly.
hi stuey
lots of love
shelly.
who did you book the holiday with shell?I have seen it with Thomas Cook and its coming out at £4960 for 4 adults and 2 children next july.
hi riversider
i booked with thomas cook,the thomas cook group are the only ones that have this hotel package,as this is the first year its been opened to us brits.we went begining of may and for 5 of us 4 adults 1 child we paid £2093.but when we went to book it it was just over 3 grand and i said i would go elsewhere,she kept comming back with prices but i just kept saying it was to expensive and i finally got her down to £2093.then another person joined us and paid £471.so make sure you haggle with them because there is so much they can take off,oh and i got free insurance and free inflight meals for all aswell.if you need any more info let me know.
hope i have helped.
all the best, have a great holiday.
love shelly
Hi, We have also returned from the meltemi hotel and having stayed in 5 all inclusive hotels before, we thought we knew what to expect. This is by far the worst.
I will start off by telling you that the hotel is very clean and the rooms are large. The entertainment team are FANTASTIC they made our holiday.That is the only good bits!!This is the first year us english have been to this hotel and it doesnt cater very well for us.In the brochure it advertises a snack bar...theres not one just a table with left overs from night befores dinner.In the previous all inclusives we have stayed at in greece,spain,and turkey we have had a seperate snack bar, serving chips burgers etc,well not here.We also thought all alcoholic drinks were included,obviously not your smirnoff etc but all local gin vodka etc, well not here only raki,ouzo,brandy and lager, which of course doesnt suit many people. There was a lot of people sitting with their own bottles of alcohol and using hotels mixers!! Shocking when you havn't budgeted for this.The food in the restaurant is good for us adults, but very poor for kids not much to choose from.Going back to the brochure inaccuracy it states the rooms have a TV, well they do but all channels are in German! This does of course suit the majority of guests 95% are German! The hotel is not in the centre of Hersonissos but approx 20 mins walk away. The hotel is also on a very steep incline so def not suited for people with walking problems.
Have just recently returned from this ersort, absolutely loved and are considering going again, the food was fine and my partner happily drank the beer, entertainment was great and so was the kids club. Hope you have an excellent time there if your going.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.