Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Its a great shame when there are any problems that occur with anyones holiday, but even worse if we have not quite got it right for a visitor to Menorca which is such a lovely island.

The building site referred to was infact one single villa across the road, and had been part under construction for several years, a situation often experienced in many parts of Spain including Menorca. Menorca Private Owners have represented this owner for a long time and have never doubted their honesty in truely representing their villa and the local conditions, and had constant good reports from a continued stream of very satisfied clients to this 'Platinum Standard', beautiful second home.

It was unfortunate that the building work struck up as this client arrived, neither us or the owner had any idea this would occur, and in line with our philosopy of undertaking to resolve problems, even those outside our control, we immediatly found another villa and offerred an alternative. Unfortunatly we only represent two villa owners near Cuitadella and the other one was occupied so this was in another part of the island.

Menorca Private Owners is not a Travel agent, we are infact a group of private owners with lovely second homes on Menorca. I do think the owner acted responsibly, renting another owner for this client, but I think the problem here is the underlying impression that the client inferrs in his comments that we and the owner knew in advance, and intentionally mislead him. I am happy to assure him publically this is not the case.

Paul Perera
Menorca Private Owners 01335 330169
Correct - another villa was offered but all at my family's inconvenience. No compensation was offered.

My issue is the fact that both the owner and agent knew about the building site as its "been part under construction for several years" but don't mention it in the brochure, website or when you book. If it had been mentioned, we could have taken a decision based on the full facts.

I repeat the question of whether the owner and the agent are taking a chance? And how many other owners are taking a chance?

To repeat my advice - ask Menorca Private Owners as many questions as you can before booking. Once you know all the facts you can decide whether you take the chance!
  • Edited by ebbone 2006-03-09 10:34:48
Ebbone,

Did you contact the hire company straight away to complain?? There seems to be a massive time difference between your post and the reply.

I think the attitude is once you are there its tough!!!

I personally, think you should have been offered a full refund, as it wasnt as advertised.
debbg - I did, by phone, email and letter. There was a bit of that attitude!

A full refund would have been nice but all I asked for was the price difference between the original villa and the one we were moved to - a reasonable request I thought.

My letter didn't even get a response!

Draw your own conclusions.
We used Menorca Private Owners (villanet.co.uk) for our main holiday in June 2012 and I cannot recommend Menorca Private Owners services enough and have passed your details on to all my friends and would highly recommend them to anybody wanting to travel to Menorca and experience the real Menorca! The information and recommendations given to us by Menorca Private Owners staff must have been based on personal experience were fantastic and truly added to making our experience special. Altogether I felt that we had received a very personal level of service and everything for us went to plan.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.