Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
hi we stayed at the metin last june it is an excellent hotel and dalyan is my favourite part of this area in turkey i love it,however if your daughter was fed up in icmeler she will be bored stupid here there is no entertainment really and evenings are basically based round a meal and quiet drink although there are one or two music bars the beach is fantastic and fethiye is quite near (about 40 mins away)but it is not half as lively as icmeler.When we stayed at the metin we were the only couple along with a dutch couple we became friendly with using the bar in the evening for a nightcap some nights it was shut when we got in and we were never any later than 12 am
We knew people who went to this hotel and loved it, liked Dalyan and preferred it to Kalkan where they had been the year before,

I have always fancied going there but was put off years ago by the amount of mossies. Granted the hotel was right next to a river and we was only there for a couple of hours en route to the aiport but in that time was bitten alive,

Is this situation still the same?
we have stayed in dalyan twice now and we didnt get bit although we did take a raft of repellent with us so i suppose be prepared and you should be fine.We also love dalyan but not so kalkan a little pretentious, we thought it is getting a reputation in the marmaris/icmeler area as the place to make money with the bar staff and seasonal workers, many have cousins /brothers/uncles etc working there and the word is spreading fast that the english people here are prepared to spend slightly over the odds and there is money to be made.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.