Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Mexico in Jan
16 Posts
hiya

we always go to goa as well, but we have a special birthday next year so we are going to mexico, the riviera maya, i thought cancun may be a bit too busy for us!!!!

got a good deal with thomas cook

:cheers

jane
Hi Jane, i have seen you around on the Goa forum :) . We have also seen a few good deals with thomascook, so im hoping it will be just as good as Goa.
Hiya yummymummy - we've been to Goa for last 2 years and as due to go in Jan but because of this and that [not many shacks open last Nov, visa's etc] we decided on Mexico in Feb - there's a good site called http://www.riubambu.com and you'll get all kinds of info on there, also TA
thanks oap, i will have a look now :)
Poor old Goa, it looks like everyone is deserting it this year, :(
But even if we were to go, we would not be able to relax as we have in previous years, so it would not be much of a holiday.

We are hoping to change our holiday over tomorrow, from Goa on the 3rd of January to Sandos Caracol Beach Resort & Spa. Fingers crossed the availabilty is there.
Hi Mazzy

Like Nicola, we are Goa regulars as well and were due to go in March next year but we decided last week to change and are now going to the Dominican Republc instead, quite excited to be honest as never visited the DR before, so something new to look forward to. Good luck with your booking hope you manage to get it changed.

Sue
We are going to Mexico !!

We have changed our holiday over from Goa to Sandos Caracol Beach Resort and Spa. Cost a little bit more, but then it is All Inclusive, and I am actually quite excited about going back to Mexico again, albeit a different part.

Still a bit sad we are not going to Goa, but there is always next year when hopefully things will not be so risky.

Bring on the tequila !! :cheers
I went in the T/A's today to see what the situ was has we are booked to go to Mumbai in march then on to Goa it turns out if we wanted to change it/AMEND our holiday now it's going to cost us £120 pp to do so.what a rip off.
The weather is pretty even year round in Cancun, in the 80's and plenty warm enough for swimming and sunbathing. They don't get a winter as we know it, they only have a wet and a dry season and you will be in 'the dry'. The best excursion I can think of for kids is the dolphin experiences, although there are some age restrictions as to participation. Have a look at http://www.dolphindiscovery.com
It cost me £70 to change my holiday so £120 seems a bit steep :yikes
That seems very expensive. We booked Goa with First Choice to go on the 3rd of Jan. They said that it was £40 per person up to 29 days before, then £50 per person up to 2 weeks before, and within the 2 weeks, there would be nothing they could do.

I still think the change over free is money for old rope though !!!

We were just about to do our Indian visa's at £30 + postage each, so in a way £40 to change was no more.
hi me and oh should have flown out 6th dec to goa but after reading alot of reports on the terror threats decided it was too risky we are going to sandos caracal on 15th dec will let you know what it is like
shazwolves,

Look forward to hearing all about it, I hope you have a great time :cheers

Mazzy
We changed ours from goa to DR just over a week ago and Thompson's charged us £70. Looks like they will be making a lot of extra money with the Goa Situation.

Sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.