America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Miami Beach
5 Posts
Well, where to start!

Budget will play a big part of the choice process. As will when you go. February/March it's normally packed and hotel rates are almost ridiculous. Friday and Saturday nights year round are busy and command higher prices - but the atmosphere around South Beach can be electric!

Lots of nice boutique hotels around the Collins Ave area. The cheaper ones that you might want to consider are the Crest and the Albion South Beach. I very much enjoyed my stay at the Tides - but it is not cheap :yikes

Being slightly older now ;) I'm not so much hanging out with the youngsters. Queueing to get into a club or bar no longer floats my boat, and my hotel choice has matured somewhat in South Beach. My recommendations if you fall into that category would be the Ritz Carlton South Beach or the Loews Miami Beach.

Other ideas to explore would be the Ritz Carlton over on Key Biscanye - and get a taxi to South Beach when you want some lively action.

The Fontainebleau Miami Beach also re-opens next year. You may find some opening offers.

If budget is a concern, look at the Riu Miami Beach. A bit of a "spanish costa family type" hotel, but good as a cheap base with easy access by car/taxi/bus to South Beach. The hotel is also right on the beach (north of the South Beach area) and has a good pool.
Thanks for your reply. I did look at the RIU but the parking wasn't great. Have you stayed at this hotel and is parking a problem. I probably wouldn't mind being away from the action as we're taking two kids with us.
I am thinking of going in December and while ive never been there, I found some places on the net, one of which was called Newport Beachside hotel which looked ok and the price was very good. Flights, so far I have found American Airlines to be the cheapest at £305 for a return.
Parking will probably be "a problem" at many Miami Beach hotels. There is a general lack of space and parking prices are certainly higher that other areas in Florida. Most South Beach hotels only offer valet parking and cars are taken off-site and to park overnight can be costly.

I didn't stay over night at the Riu but looked at a couple of rooms, walked around the public areas and had a drink in the bar.

As for the Newport Beach - it is in Sunny Isles which is the cheaper end of the Miami Beach region. I stayed there a couple of years back. Hotel was fine but lots of construction in the area and the hotel has a large busy road intersection out the front. Resort OK but I didn't think much of it. Strip malls and a few cheap Denny type restaurants.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.