General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
mid september?
12 Posts
We have been lots of time in September and out of a two week holiday, can say to expect at least a couple of days of rain depending on whether you go early or late September. Im not saying that it rains persistantly, usually a big shower, with a good storm then its all over for the day but the chances of you getting rain are higher than if you go in June, July or August. Having said that, we went in June last year and for the first time in 3 years, we had 4 out of 7 days of heavy rain all day. The beauty of September is that although the chance of rain is higher, the temps are still good, the pools and sea are still lovely and hot and the older kids are back at school so you will find a lot of families with younger children.

Personally, if I had a choice, I would holiday in September every year with the chance of rain or not, but with a 7 year old, taking her out of school in June towards the end of the school year is a lot easier than at the beginning of the school year.
sounds good thankyou, were thinking of going about the 10th so right in the middle really, i dont mind the odd shower/thunderstorm here and there, it could be quite intresting watching the thunderstorms! from inside anyway! just as long as they pass as quickly as they come!
We have been several times late september/october and last year was the only time we have ever had continuous rain until mid afternoon one day nearly always storms that come and go
We went in mid Sept about 8 years ago, only had 2 sunny days. 3 days were a real washout. :cry
Hi
We went to Majorca middle Sept about 2 years ago expecting pleasant weather, it rained for the whole week.
Have you thought about the Algarve, we have been as late as Oct on a few occasions, the weather has been lovely.
M
ohh blimey, not so good! ill have another look at algarve none of the hotels on thomson/first choice took my fancy when i first looked, either that or couldnt get flights for when i wanted. ill have another look, i think i remember seeing a holiday village, ill have check the flights. thanks
ive looked and we would only be able to go for 1 week cause of the flight days, supose could do that but did really fancy 9 or 10 days, will keep looking. ive been greece in sept before and was lovely but i know greece is warmer anyway but bit too far travel with a toddler on my knee! maybe if i went the 1st week of sept insted, just means ill have work a bit longer before next week off work, but for the sunshine, might be worth it!

or the other option could be to go end of june as im hoping to get a week off then, ill just have to put up with the hol blues when get back lol an be jellous of people still to have theirs! could book a sun 9.50 hol though for sept as was goin go on that in may.
does it matter where about on the island you go with the weather?
Hope im allowed to post this link :

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/LEPA/2010/9/6/MonthlyHistory.html

This was the actual weather for Palma, Majorca for September 2010. As you can see, the rain only really started in the later part of the month. I dont think its worth worrying about to be honest, but its ultimately up to you. Whatever you choose, have a fantastic time. Some of the best times we have had on our annual holidays were when our daughter was really small so enjoy. :sun2
thats brill srhjnmgn thankyou, yeah i see that its towards the end the weather turns poor for a while, i also saw the yr before when it was rain/thunder for about 11 days in a row! but having said that it does give you a breakdown of the day and apart from the odd day when its been mostly cloudy all day, it seems to have passed and become partly cloudy again and the temps look good. but think i am goin to go for the 1st week of sept insted of the middle and hopefully we will have a better chance of good weather.
Do you need a package if you decide on the Algarve instead of Majorca, you might be able to get 10 days by DIYing ie an easyjet flight to Faro and booking with a hotel direct ? I've dont Algarve that way. I know a lot of folk prefer the security of a package which I can understand, but that often means 7 or 14 days due to the way the charters operate. Its difficult going to the Med in June and September if 100% good weather is important to you.

Doe :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.