Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Milk?
14 Posts
in kipa now there are 2 new Kipa brands...they are both taze sut...fresh milk...
one is Tum Yagli...full fat and in a dark blue carton ..
the other is Yarim Yagli....half fat and in a light blue catron.
If you can't get these then Sutas do a fresh milk in a litre plastic bottle.Don't get confused with Ayran which is yogurt!
In kipa the freah milk is opposite the meat counter.
Where we visit fresh milk has only recently become available in Migros. We found it was expensive and it didn't last very long before going off so went back to the long life stuff.
Thanks guys, that's really helpful!

If we decide to go for long life, can you recommend the best half fat one to get?
Dogal lezzet means natural taste. Fresh milk is taze sut or you may see gunluk sut - daily milk. It doesn't last as long as our milk in the UK, even refrigerated it needs to be drank in a couple of days or it goes off. Still I would rather that than long life any day!
Brilliant Kedi thanks. I'm def not a fan of long life either! :yuck
Pinar for us as well used it all last week, usually buy the 50% lighter one.
I strongly advise EKER AYRAN and EKER KEFIR

Kefir is very health milk drink
medicalgreen wrote:
I strongly advise EKER AYRAN and EKER KEFIR

Kefir is very health milk drink

Yes but don't go buying it thinking it is milk :really
Will def be giving the Ayran a miss thanks, have tried it once just for the sake of it and nearly vomitted!
Yes, I have to admit Ayran is an acquired taste! Bit, after over 13 years here, I do find it refreshing in the summer.

In past years, guests staying here have added some to their morning cereals thinking it was smilk. Bit of a shock, I can tell you. We now warn them.
So many people mistake ayran for milk, I'm sure it is a bit of a shock for them! I must admit I am not too keen on it myself. I love yogurt but not to drink.
Nothing nicer than Gozleme washed down with a glass of Ayran,lovely jubbly.

Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.