Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Did you actually pay anything extra for pre-booked seats? If not then there probably isn't anything you can do now. If you did and you haven't got what you asked for then at least the extra cost of pre-booked seats should surely be refunded.

I also tend to agree with the company that you should have thoroughly checked your invoice at the time you received it. Sadly this is often where people come unstuck - make sure you check and re-check everything and also read the small print!

Whatever happens I do think they tend to seat families with children reasonably together in any case.

Pippa
Yes, completely agree with Pippa. If its not on the invoice you have not paid for it, regardless if you asked for it or not. So if you are still due to travel, simply pay the fee, you have not lost anything.

CSM :D
That's three of us in agreement.

I guess the options are:-

1. If pre-booking for the seats is still open and available - request that they do this asap and pay the cost for the service. Even if just the return flight is available, it might be best to at least do that.

2. Arrive at the airport early (3 to 4 hours before) and try to secure the required seating at this point.

At this late stage you may just have to put it down to experience and remember to check your invoice carefully next time.
Pre booked seats are a good earner for the airlines and if you do not have a payment listed on your invoice, you have not paid for them. It sounds like you have made a 'request' which is not guaranteed.

I don't work for an airline but for a TO and many pax just take the chance. Only the very last to check in get split up if they have not pre booked.
As has already been said, pay the charge or check in as early as possible.

In 20 plus years of air travel I have never pre booked my seats and have never been split up from my husband on a flight, purely because he is a worrier and we always arrive at check in very early.
Hi. was it Thomas Cook by any chance?There have apparently been problems with pre-booked seats from some time ago. I read it on another site. I'm sorry cant remember which one, may have been tripadvisor. Worth a look to see what happened.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.