UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
There's something odd about this post but I can't quite put my finger on it. But it's probably a bit unfair on Dunbeath, that sort of thing goes on all over Britain - the username is very Welsh, perhaps he should have a wander around the vicinity of Cardiff Bus Station!! And why is a mobile phone required to visit Caithness compared to any other rural area in Britain?
I agree Steve, and if you watch any of the Police on camera type of programmes on the TV 2, 3 and 4 are shown in just about most places they film. Perhaps the OP can come back and explain a little further
The oddest thing about this post is that all these things are supposed to have happened in Dunbeath! To describe it as a small, one horse town is to make it sound far bigger and busier than it is. I'm not surprised that it has no public toilets near the bus stop - it's a very small place - and one of the complaints dealt with at a recent consultation meeting about public transport in the area was that the local residents were being woken up by the arrival of the 10.30pm bus and the bus company has been asked to consider whether it was really needed!

Seriously, as an ex-youth worker I know that even the smallest of villages are not necessarily immune from a certain amount of anti-social behaviour but a village where people want to do away with the 10.30pm bus because residents have already gone to bed by that time doesn't sound like it's somewhere that needs to worry too much about this.

SM
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.