Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Mobile phones
10 Posts
im not taking mine with me , ive heard its cheaper and better to use the phones there , and i dont want to be texting or ringing while on holiday , i want to go away to relax but i will be ringing home every day to check on my 18 yr old daughter and the dog
internet phones are the cheapest we used them in pomorie (the town) and they are dead cheap :D
I always use a PAYG Bulgarian SIM Card - if you are roaming via your UK service provider, you will usually have to pay to receive calls, as well as to make them, at relatively high rates.

Calls home are best made with the various internet phone services in the resorts, those at Poshtas (Post Offices) being among the cheapest rates.

Baldur
Whats the chance of finding a wireless hotspot so that I can use Skype on my PDA
If you are going to Sunny Beach, there's a WiFi facility at the Happy Duck - you just need to ask the staff for connection details, apparently.

Baldur
you are on holiday , leave it all at home :wink:
If you really have to take the Mobile i have Good news on the mobile phone front From 30 August 2007 you'll pay 38p to make a call and 19p to receive a call per minute while roaming on any network due to a change in the law. But texts etc will be based on your service provider i know Orange is 40p per text. Hope this helps
Cheers for that
Just got a message from my provider 02 stating 35p and 18p.
I took my phone with me, 02, it registered with BG Mobitel (i think thats what it was called) and it was 49p a text. BUT media messaging, ie photos, were free to send!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.