Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Have you got a scooter of your own if so you can take it with you it doesnt cost you anything just check it is dry cell batterery, I have a small one that folds down for traveling and they do come in very handy.
Hope this helps I dont know if they have scooters in Turkey I hope so.

all the best Fred
Hi
We,ve only ever been able to hire an ordinary "push" wheelchair for my mum, which can be hard work especially when it's hot. My mum finally bought a small scooter from e bay and took it with us in Oct 2006. It looked so battered and twisted when it came off the plane but our friend straightened it out and it was great. All our turkish friends were fascinated by it and used to hop on and go round their bars and restaurants on it taking peoples orders. One of our friends asked us to leave it so he could rent it out, if not asking if I would bring him 2 on our next visit. :D
I have heard that airlines are becoming strict about the batteries so you would need to check when booking if you could take one with you.
Hope this helps
Shaz150
Hi Chris
If you could PM me and give me yours email address, I can send you a picture of a brand new scooter of ebay my freind brought one afew months ago its like my scooter, it fits in car boot not heavy to pick ( tip take the batterey Pack off First )
great little scooters, they dont climb kerds over afew inches but there so light you just help it on.
They go well with airlines as well because of the dry cell batterery and the size, on one charge you can do approx 10 miles.
but if on hills and rough ground and the weight of the person will bring the mileage down . to charge just take the small batterery pack of back of scooter can be put anywhere to charge, my scooter comes with me every holiday I have its so handy.

regards Fred
  • Edited by luci HT Mod 2008-03-09 13:33:01
    To remove email address for member's security. Please use PM system.
There is a place in Icmeler where you can hire a mobility scooter for the week. The email address is babasahinapartments@live.co.uk, they will be able to help you.
hello im having problems with thomas cook,,,we are goin on holiday in 2 weeks time to alanya turkey,my mother bourght a light weight scooter ant told them this last year when we booked,,we have now been told that special needs have got involved and the coach at the other end are refusing to take the scooter,,they want my mother to pay £125.00 each way for a taxi,,has any one come across this before,,and does any one no if we can hire one over there
thank you
june

ps if not,,thomas cook do you want my mother for 2 weeks,,she is like blanch(coronation street)on a bad day,ha ha
only kidding ;)
This is a link I found on another site:

http://www.marmarisrentals.co.uk/

I have no idea what they are like but it may be worth a look.
Have just booked with direct holidays (Turkey) and have faced the same problem - coaches will not accept my mum's scooter! In this day and age I feel it is totally unacceptable and not fair at all to the disabled person! I have priced to hire one for the 2 weeks and this is about £165!!!!!!!!!!! No disabled person would be treated like this in this country, so we are now having to go by taxi to our hotel!!!!!!!!!!! There are 6 of us so we'll have to split up en route to the hotel - not a great start to what we hope will be an amazing holiday! have booked World of Wonder (WOW) in Gumbet, so really looking forward to it......
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.