Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Complete guess here, but maybe empty seats on their planes. Not sure if they are charters that might be going out half empty anyway so selling them cheap rather tahn cancelling people if its not economic to run the flights ?
Not happy , had booked a break to Benidorm with Monarch holidays, Mar29th- Apr1st. Return flight was due to depart Alicante at 20:25 but for some reason the flight has been pulled. Now departing 12:10 when only going for 4 days its quite a chunk of our break taken away. :(
Booked through the Monarch site a package holiday and have received my E-Tickets but no hotel voucher, my contract is with Cosmos as stated on the original confirmation. When checking into the Apartments will our passports be sufficent ie like Thomson/Thomas Cook.

Thanks in advance....Caz
You don't need accommodation vouchers when you book a package holiday.
I've been on three Cosmos holidays in the last four years and we have never had an accommodation voucher, so I am sure you will be fine on check in.

Doe :sun2
We booked with Cosmos/Monarch for our holiday to Cyprus in October. It states on the invoice - Please note that the flights you are booked on are "ticketless" which means you will not receive a flight ticket

As a matter of course we always take a copy of the invoice with us even when we fly with Thomson/Thos Cook although we have had tickets. I also seem to recall reading somewhere in the blurb that they tell you to print off a copy of the invoice and take it with you.

fwh
Just wanted to make sure :tup as there are two reference numbers, one for the flight and one for accommodation.

Thank you all.....Caz
ronaldbiggs wrote:
Hi Does anyonee know the latest time for a name change on a Monarch Holiday ? I have been advised by a friend that it is the day before I travel

Thanks

I would say up until 10 weeks before departure, as according to the Holiday Terms as listed on the website.

However, you may want to contact Cosmos Holidays (Monarch Holidays is a trading name of Cosmos Holidays Ltd) either by phone on 0871 423 8568 (calls cost 10p per min plus network extras) or use the Contact Us link on the Monarch FAQ page to find out other ways you can get in touch with them to confirm. You might even be able to get an answer on the Cosmos Facebook page. Be advised however that the Facebook page is usually manned during office hours.

Please bear in mind that changing a name with Monarch Holidays is not the same as simply changing a name for a flight booking.
Thanks Partyboy, looks like I will have to call them on Sunday, I am hoping its not 10 weeks as my daughters friends passport has not turned up yet and I am due to fly on 1st October. I think the flights are 10 weeks but the package holidays are less (hopefully)
Cosmos Holidays conditions say that you must write to them with full details of who cannot go on holiday, and who would like to go instead, and that they must receive this information at least 14 days before the start of the holiday.
Hi All,

Thanks for the replies, I have just contacted Cosmos and they have confirmed its 24hrs before for any name change.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.