Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Yesterday I booked a package holiday to Goa via
http://holidays.monarch.co.uk/

It may have been me but I couldn't find anywhere on the website what the hold luggage allowance was.
I went through the booking process and didn't get any option to pay for hold luggage or pay for extra allowance.

Anyway, after I'd booked and got my booking ref I sent an email to Monarch Customer Services at 13:16 asking for clarification.
I got a reply one minute later stating it was 20kg hold & 5kg hand.

Excellent service from them. :clap
i booked with monarch online couple of weeks ago for sept,luggage same as you 20kg & 5kg.hol price good as well.
percy123.
I've recently returned from a holiday with monarch and we also had 20kg plus 5kg so was pleased with this as they seem to be one of the last companys to give this as standard without paying some kind of upgrade. We were no where near our allowance, quite a lot under actually, its just nice to have the peace of mind knowing that there is the extra should you need it. :)
Hi everyone!!

This is the first time I am posting a message on a forum! Hope to get some answers...! My sister and I would like to book a package holiday to Greece on Monarch holidays' website. Prices are quite cheap and the hotel looks beautiful.

The point is that, with the volcanic cloud that recently suspended a huge amount of flights, I want to make sure that Monarch Holidays will take care of everything (Alternative flights, regular updates...) if we enter another time of travel disruption.... (I know I am very foresighted!)

Has anyone traveled with Monarch Holidays during the volcanic activity? Were you satisfied by the quality of their service despite that incident?

Thanks in advance, your answers will be very appreciated!!

Julie
Monarch holidays is the new trading name for all holidays organised by the monarch group, you may remember their tour operator as being under the brand COSMOS , Sky holidays this year are [apart from cruses and long haul] all monarch, they are as safe [if not safer than] most recognised tour operators

yasus
wizard
Couldn't agree more.

Monarch Holidays (cosmos) are justa as safe as respected as Thomas Cook / Thomson etc and you are safer booking a full package than to buy flights and accom separate.

Go for it if the price is right
Hi
Monarch are fine. They are bound by the same regulations as the other Tour Operators so volcanic ash disruption (not again please lol!) should not be treated any differently.
would anyone recommend them.
just found a good priced holiday but never used monarch before. are they a tour operator like thomson/thomas cook so it would be a package i would be buying? also do they send you confirmation and your tickets or is it all done by email which you print off.
sorry if i sound dumb but i'm only used to going on holiday with the big tour ops.
regards tracey
Just booked with them for next year, they have taken over from Cosmos I believe.

Very helpful on the phone regarding the booking, which I couldn't complete online, as for tickets etc I won't know until next year.. ;)
Just booked with them for next year, they have taken over from Cosmos I believe.

Close... Monarch group has owned Cosmos for a while, now with corporate identity being the buzz they have changed the name to Monarch holidays... as we say the meat is still the same only the gravy has been changed

wizard
boaz
did you get a cofirmation letter in the post?
regards tracey
Hi Tracey

no, nothing through the post, email only, confirming flight and hotel booking, room type etc, and passenger details
hi boaz thanks for they reply i'm going to have another look at there site cos the prices are good.
regards tracey
Hi

I haven't booked a holiday through Monarch but have just returned from a Monarch flight.
Booked online and got email confirmation and then had to amend the dates. Again email confirmation straight away. Just before travel date I submitted API, checked in for outbound and inbound and printed boarding passes. Very easy process.

With a holiday you should get tickets anywhere from 1 -3 weeks before travel, unless it is a eticket or ticketless, and then check in at the airport as normal. You will gave to submit your API online before travel.
I think Monarch/Cosmos have gone over to ticketless flights - at least for short haul.

Travelled with them 2009 - tickets through post. Travelled with them 2010 ticketless.

You have an email to print off with a reference number. Bit like when you travel with Easyjet.

Doe :sun2
Hi, though I haven't booked a package with them, I've booked hotel only through monarch and got a free child ! I agree, they have some good prices at the moment. I got a confirmation e-mail , with booking reference number which I assume I just hand in at reception when we arrive.
Juby That must be a super deal "a free child" wouldnt want one myself but I can see the attraction!!! Sorry couldnt resist that.

We travelled with Monarch on a package to Lanzarote in March this year, no problems whatsoever, nice flight, plenty of leg room, nice in-flight meal, good apartments. A totally hassle free experience. Would recommend them and def use them again.

Tony :tup
Just to add to other details if booking a package holiday....you phone them to pay the final balance, (can't be done online) and if you have a problem giving API online they will take the info when you phone.

Usually in resort there is no representative, but there is a number to call on the documentation if there are any problems.

Caz
if we leave paying for the cases on the day of travel..how much more expensive will it be than if we pay for them on line? its £26 on-line!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.