Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Have you emailed the owner Des to check whether you can stay on a little longer in the apartment? We've had private one's before and been able to stay a little longer on check out due to booking status of the next occupant?
Yes Glynis have tried that,but unfortunately he is unable to help us. The apartment is fully booked and the turnaround times are pretty tight.
When is this for? We fly out on the 20th April at 7.25am. Hope our flight times don't change. I know the flight was nowhere near full so they might be shifting everyone on to one plane and cancelling the 10am flight.
Does anybody know of any left luggage facilities in the La Cariheula area or have any suggestions.

Hi Des.
I can't think of anywhere in La Carihuela to leave luggage and I'm fortunate that I can leave my luggage with a friend in the village, and luckily I've never had too (watch my flights get changed now I've said that). :duh

A suggestion"¦..(I'm presuming you're staying in Residencia Dali)
Walk across the road and get a taxi opposite the Pez Espada to Montemar train station. (about 5 or 6 euros)
From here take the train to Malaga and have a few hours in the city.
There are left luggage facilities at Maria Zambrano train station and also left luggage facilities at the bus station, if you prefer to take the bus instead of the train.

So, you could vacate the apartment a tad earlier and be in Malaga before midday, dump the luggage in one of the lockers at either stations and see a bit of Malaga, and maybe have a nice meal.?
After having a nice afternoon in Malaga, collect the luggage and go straight to the airport.

Sanji x
Hi Sanji,
Yes thats a good suggestion. It's damn annoying that we have to go to all this hassle when we book child friendly times. I haven't had the balls to tell the rest of the party yet, I want to try to get things organised first.
I feel that we must make it part of the holiday and maybe make it into a treat , Malaga or a boat trip or Fuengy zoo
Thanks Des.
Another option my be to book another apartment for the last day of your holiday, one where you could check in at noon, you could leave your luggage there and would have somewhere to freshen up before your flight home. Alpha Rooms and Travelrepublic have some good priced apartments.
Thanks Christine thats sounds like a good option. I have looked at the sites that you mentioned and the only problem seems to be that they want to charge per person which would make it quite expensive.
I'll have another look.
Des.
Des you don't say how many are in your party but I've done a dummy booking for the Holiday Inn Express at Malaga airport from 30th June to 1st July for 4 adults and that comes out at €59.00

http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/malaga/agpap/hoteldetail
Glynis, there are 4 adults and 1x 4year old. If I can just pay for the room ,fine. At the end of the day we are not sleeping there so it doesn't matter how small it is.
Thanks everyone for trying to help.
Hi another option is to wait whilst you are on holiday and ask at nearby hotels/apartments if they have a room available to use for your last day. If they aren`t full they may offer you one at a disscounted rate.
Great news, the owner has been in touch to say that we can retain keys at the end of the week that will give us access to the reception area, where we can store our cases.
I must say it is a weight off my mind.
Des.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.