General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
More Relaxed
19 Posts
I would definitely say it will be more relaxed unless you choose a posh looking restaurant and book it beforehand,we went out for a day with friends who were self catering,we took clothes with us to change for dinner as they were in a different resort,showered and changed and when they came out ready for dinner they both had shorts and t-shirts on,I felt really overdressed,because we have always dressed for dinner whilst on holiday.T.
We always go self catering now and I still like to dress for dinner and get the kids looking nice. Some people don't seem to bother, but I do like to look at least half decent when out for the evening. Don't do the heels though as we like to have a stroll so just some nice flip flops or sandals, think you'd call it a smart casual look.
I like to make an effort to dress nicely whether I'm self catering or in an hotel. One of my holiday routines is to be back in the room in time to shower and change to get back out again by around 6.30-7pm.

I might be a little more relaxed this year (just for a change). I might decide to stay on the beach later and have one or two :cheers on the way back to the room instead of rushing home to change first. Just the once or twice though as I do like dressing up.
We do a bit of both to be honest. I do like to dress up for the evening, as if you don't dress up while on holidays when do you dress up! We have on occasions though stayed out in a bar on the way home from the beach, as we were having such a good time. It's your holiday, you've paid for it so do whatever you like and enjoy :tup
shirley h wrote:
I like to make an effort to dress nicely whether I'm self catering or in an hotel. One of my holiday routines is to be back in the room in time to shower and change to get back out again by around 6.30-7pm.

We are exactly the same. Thats the part of my holiday I look forward to most and do all my pre-holiday shopping for. I love getting ready to go out and look nice and expect hubby and daughter to be the same (the only time we dont is if we have had a full day at the beach and just want to get a takeaway in the room). Dont do high heels (never have) but got several nice pairs of tidy flip flops and sandals instead.
I do a bit of both as well. Some evenings I get dressed up. Usually linen trousers, top and nice flip flops or sandals. Sometimes, when I'm feeling really relaxed (or lazy) I just wear knee length shorts, pumps and tee shirt (but always clean and ironed).
Whichever way it's next to no makeup. I have my eye lashes and eye brows tinted before going away. Only need a bit of lippy and good to go - usually about 8pm. Eat around half 8 -9 and then go for a walk afterwards.
Always like to be showered and changed before my evening meal. I don't mind being in my kaftan or shorts for lunch, but I wouldn't want to be hot and sweaty for my evening meal. I'm never overdressed, usually just a lightweight cotton dress with a little colourful jewellery & a pair of comfy sandals.Can't be bothered with much make up either. Usually a bronzer which works for eyes & cheeks, mascara & lippy. If I was going somewhere posh, then yes I would wear my nicest outfit.
Hi
We normally go self catering so we can please ourselves what time we eat. We always get changed into something smart casual for the evening, no heels though, tried that many years ago, and found best to wear flip flops. This year we are going to a Thomson Gold Hotel ( very grown up) to be honest I will still be wearing pants, nice top and a bit of bling, similar clothes that I would wear for self catering,they are what I feel most comfortable in. :tup
If a mere man can be allowed to speak! Evenings, even if just strolling, chinos and light shirt at the least. Mrs CW also likes to dress up, it's a self expression thing. At home we knock about in any old thing, on holliers, well, we like to be the people we'd like to be!
At the end of the day you should wear what you like! I tend to wear a smart casual short sleeved shirt and some long shorts, Cargo style although I've just purchased some rather fetching Superdry golf type shorts! :tup

I do hate going out at night without showering though so we always make sure we get back and have a shower before going out to eat! We self cater (which means eating out, lol) as I like to have cold beers in the fridge and a coffee when I wake up! Plus there's normally a bedroom too.

Just remember though ladies, whatever you wear will look fine by us men. When you come in the room and say 'do these shoes go with this dress' the answer will ALWAYS be 'Yes' Most of the time we can tell this without even looking!!! :D
We generally do a bit of both but I do like to dress up.

If we go SC and decide to eat in I always shower and change into something comfortable but smart, linen trousers/cotton skirt and a smart vest with some nice flip flops.

If we are going out to eat or drink I do like to dress up as does hubby, he takes just as long as me :rofl
Relaxed all the way for me, I'm afraid - I'm not really the "dressing up" kind even at home, so I don't bother on holiday either. I just change into something comfortable and reasonably smart (not 'beachy', if you know what I mean) for eating out at night.
I know exactly what you mean blondiescot ............ we are going s/c this year and i am hoping the whole area will be a lot more relaxed , obviously i will and always do shower and change into something different to wear out of an evening , just want to be able to wear nice t shirt style tops of an evening without looking dowdy and under dressed as i would if i was in a hotel
Chivas, I know exactly what you mean! If men took the same amount of time as women, and effort, we'd never hear the end of it! :rofl
Hubby's glad I take a while to get ready in the evenings as it gives him more time for a nap. I usually wake him to get into the shower once I've showered, done my hair and am in the middle of applying my make-up. That way, I've finished with my make-up and dressing by the time he's showered and changed and we're both ready at the same time. Works perfectly ;)
I tend to wear smart tops and shorts/skirts through the week but dress up properly (nice dress, high heels, bling) Friday, Saturday and Sunday, don't know why, have always done that. I do that whether SC, HB or AI.

Just remember though ladies, whatever you wear will look fine by us men. When you come in the room and say 'do these shoes go with this dress' the answer will ALWAYS be 'Yes' Most of the time we can tell this without even looking!!! :D

Chivas, have to award you funny of the day.... :rofl
Chivas,cold beer and coffee when you wake up? I usually just have coffee!!! :rofl
haha yes, when in Rome... ... get drunk and all that!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.