Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
There were rumours last year that some people were refused travel back to the UK because they had exceeded the 28days, and therefore had to return by schedule flights. They said there was a new boss(female!) at Dabolim and she had realised the breach of the rules.

Most of the reps were aware of the situation. I was in my travel agents on Tuesday and we were talking about this and the manager said he had never heard of it.

But the rules are there so beware??
The 28 day rule for arriving on charter flights has definitely been changed.Wether the tour companies have decided to alter their policy remains to be seen,they make more money out of us when we book packages.

john
People were removed from charter flights last year for exceeding the 28 days, I talked to a number of them. I believe that it has changed however. Apparentlly it was to encouragte people to use schedule flights as the Indian Govenrment makes more from them than charter flights. Seems daft to me.
I was under the impression that it was to stop peole staying on for months and just not going back on their flight, and yes definitely scrapped it now!
chilly
The trouble is they change the rules so often it is hard to keep pace, I bought a ticket for 6 weeks, and whilst in Goa the rules were changed, when I tried to return home, I was told I had out stayed my welcome (not the 1st time I had heard this ) I was fined at the airport, I can't remember how much, but my passport was taken and photocopied, Now apparently they are relaxing the rules, but I don't know when they come in to force.
Hi Lin when they took your passport away bet you wished they throwed it away(bet davy did) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lin I have been told that rule is scrapped already? was at the end of last season
chilly
We are still having to go scheduled flights as going for 2 months in December.
I will still be using schedule, as I am going out before the charters start flying to Goa again, and it is so much more comfortable.
Sleep what worried me the most was being refused a visa in the future, although Goa airport seems to be stuck in the middle ages, technology passing it by.

Lin
yes its pretty academic really i agree as we will always do schedule too as we usually leave and return when there are no charters, and yes Lin so much more comfy!!
chilly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.