General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
hello, i went to Tolon last year and i used a plug in also sprayed my legs before i went out on the night. Before i went to bed i sprayed all over but not too much of it. Keep the windows shut at night as they will come in then. Also they are attracted to perfume and some body lotions so use an aftersun with insect stuff in it.

I usually get bitten quite bad but i was ok last year, i needed two bottles of the spray though as i was there for 2 weeks and it was for 2 of us!

Hope this helps! :D
Hi,

I've been to quite a few of the Greek resorts including Tingagki and haven't been bitten once - might just be luck, I don't know. Anyway my regime for keeping them at bay is simple. I insert a plug in tablet into the socket in the room before we go out in the evening (needs to be changed every evening) and apply avon aftersun with insect repellant after my shower before venturing out in the evening. Try not to use too much perfume/aftershave as they are attracted to it. I used to ensure all windows were closed at night but I've since learned that you need to keep 1 or 2 open as if there are any mosies in the room they aren't killed by the plug in things but repelled by them and therefore need a route of escape. I hope I'll have a bite free holiday in Santorini this summer. As I say I've been lucky so far. Good Luck
we have a big thread on mozzies etc in the general enquiries forum i will move this post to that forum

wizard
As Brian has stated, we have already a topic on this which can be found by clicking here.

Mark :D
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.