Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
May's about the worst month for mosquitoes, but near to Pollensa - I presume you mean the old town - doubtful there'll be a problem as there is little by way of water. Puerto Pollensa's a different matter especially near to the La Gola or Albufereta wetlands.
thank you,
the villa is up in the hills a bit,. near the old town of Pollensa.
I guess we will just have to take precautions when we go to the beach !

:)
many thanks for yor input.
Pleasure. Down on the beach - no problems. Just by the marshy bits inland.
Been going to PP in May for 10 years now, staying near the centre just opposite the beach. NEVER had a problem with mosquitoes (and my wife suffers badly so she's an expert on the subject). September is a different story, lots of them then cos of the heat at night.
always take precautions.just cause you was ok one year does not mean you will not get bit this year.

i use lemon soap/no aftershave/and have a pen in my bag at all times.(ones you can dab on you).plus plug ins in my room on all the time.not the carded ones they are no good.you need the liquid bottle ones.

and use aftersun with mosquito repellant in it.legs arms bak are ok.but if you get bite on the face and it swells up.see the doctor or go to the clinic.asap.
Oh dear looks like we will have to take extra mossy protection, we are staying at the Lagotel which is next to the s'Albufera nature park and wetlands.

Big Al
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.