Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
There are mossies there, but I didn't find them a huge bother to be honest. We have the plug in for the room, use a mossie repellent spray before going out in the evening, and our after sun cream also has mossie repellent in it. Using all those we didn't have more than a bite or two!
the main time is night time when they are troublesome BUT a sun cream or After sun with insect repellant in is usually enough to reduce their attacks

a Plug-in in the bed room is a good idea BUT make sure it's switched on every night as some of the staff tend to save electricity by switching anything left on in the room off ---- The same reason they drive without lights at night :rofl
I was ok last year, escaped with maybe a bite or two. I put a little drop of citronella oil into my sun cream, used an after sun with insect repellent and then used a spray when going out in the evening. We also bought a plug in from the shop whilst there with the green tablets and it seemed to do the trick. Keep the room cool and try not to leave doors open to long. Enjoy :)
hiya just returned from sharm on saturday and the mosquitos were out in force me and hubby only had 2 at the most everyone else were covered in them my friend got bit 26 times in one night but i have been told so many times to spray yourself at night avon skin so soft but it must be the green one dont ask me why but the others dont work hope this helps
Just to add, a lot of the hotels tend to spray around the grounds early evening to keep the mossies at bay.

The mossies used to have a field day with me, but since using Avon Skin So Soft, I've been free of any bites.

Regards,
Pat
Hi harrier
A tip we got for mossies was to take garlic tablets for 2 weeks before you go and take them when you are there It worked for me as i usually get bitten to bits i forgot to take them one day and got bit and had to go to the doctor. But my son took them every day and had his first holiday unbitten
forgot the Avon Skin So Soft Fresh and ???? -I forgrt the other word used to be Woodland Fresh it's the green one
This is marketed by Avon Australia as a mozzie repelent

also any citronella based cream even one of the latest Lynx sprays has Citronella in too if you read
My husband has taken garlic tablets on a daily basis for the past 3 years and has never been bitten by mosquitos.

Pat
so just to double check, the Avon Skin so soft is the green one??? :que
Yes it is the green bottle (soft and fresh)

Pat
The Skin so soft has a new bottle now its white with a bluey green colour on the front
Skin So Soft original dry oil body spray
sorry, still confused over this Skin so Soft, have just got White bottle with green on front, called Summer Soft soothing lotion contains milk, aloe and cucumber extracts..... is this the right one? :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.