Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Never heard of the hotair ballon trip over Mnt Teide and I think you'd be asking a lot for that as Mnt Teide is almost 13,000ft high. You may be getting confused with the static balloon that was moored near Los Cristianos which unfortunately is no longer available as it was closed down last year.

Maybe someone else has heard of it perhaps one of our locals.
Never heard of one Im afraid. I seriously doubt they would do it, too dangerous.

I could be wrong though.
too dangerous.

Thats one word I suppose. Even the Cable Car doesnt always go to the summit due to the high winds. Maybe try to contact Richard Branson otherwise its a no go for tourists
Yep, think you must be thinking of the static baloon which is no more
Ah right... This link said we could!

http://www.apartmentspain.co.uk/tenerife_mount_teide.htm

3rd Paragraph.

Thats a shame, was thinking of popping the question to my other half up there!

Thanks anyway!
It is a bit misleading they way they have printed this as

If your not scared of heights you can get a hot-air balloon trip that takes you high in the sky and gives you a spectacular view of Mount Tiede, and the rest of the Island, This is available from Playa de Las Americas. If that not for you then by car or quad bikes may be more so!!!

The above paragraph comes immediately after the description of Mnt Teide and you could assume that the balloon goes to Mnt Teide where you would get spectacular views. It is however possible, or it was, to go up in a balloon from Los Cristianos to about 400ft which is high enough to give you a good view of the top of Mnt Teide. I'm of trhe opinion that it was in fact the Los Cristianos balloon trip that they were talking about. I looked at the site to see if I could e-mail them and ask for an explanation but it was only for info on accommodation rentals.
Thanks Allmen

I thought I was going mad! It took me ages to find the link again, I knew I had read it somewhere!

Ill go back to the drawing board on the proposing part then!

Sarah
xx
There is always the cable car up to the top (almost) of Teide. Or a helicoptor ride.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.