Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Mount Tiede
7 Posts
There was a discussion on here at the time it was due to go you'll find it here. I also was there when the eruption was supposed to happen and when I told a holidaymaker he wouldn't believe me until several locals put him right and as you say it could happen now or in 100 years. The reason it was supposed to blow was they reckoned it went every 100 years or so and it had be about 96 years since the last one and with the extra seismic activity everyone assumed the worse.
Oh here we go again.

know this people of the UK...

Every time you lot start rumors about the pigging volcano erupting, all our bottled water supplies disappear from the shop shelves! Mad Expats buying 400 8 litre bottles "just in case"

Whatever happened to "responsible tourism"? :lol:

PS. I'll let you all know when / if it farts :wink:
We were there when the mild tremors happened .. We to took the trip up Tiede and found the top closed .. It was early May 2004 when we were there .. Locals didnt seem to make such a big deal about it to be honest ..

Lee & Karen
Locals didnt seem to make such a big deal about it to be honest ..
That's coz we were out of sight in the supermarcardo's panic buying water! :shock:
......I could just picture all the expats on top of Teide pouring all this bottled water into the crater, to cool it down......... :wink:
Hi sunowner
:lol: what a great postcard photo that would make
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.