General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Well............if you want to go skiing, I think mountains might just win ;)
No, seriously though, they are such different holidays, it depends how you want to spend your time. If you're not really a great lover of lying in the sun all day and little else, then the mountains could be for you. There are lots of activities at mountain resorts, as well as walking and lying by the pool. Particularly good for activity holidays with children.
It depends what you like really? If you have young children and are from what I call an "inner county" (it's just what I call counties without a coastline, ie, Surrey, I hope it's not seen as offensive) than you'd probably like the beach a lot, ie, them making sandcastles etc?

Me, I like both, I'm not a skier, but I like to admire mountains and take photographs, ie, I really like the Lake District, Scotland? I am from a coastal location but still enjoy the beach, but not in the same way, ie, I tend to walk on the beach and take photographs etc of the coastline (all coastline varies)

Not sure I answered your question the right way.
At the end of June last year I popped into the Travel agents as I was sick of the rain.I asked what they had available for that weekend. There was a holiday to Turkey in a lovely hotel in Dalyan but my husband wouldnt go as we had been the previous June and it was too hot for him.I thought I would teach him a lesson and booked a holiday to the Austrian Alps. :rofl
We both absolutely loved it and are going back this year.The weather was amazing and some days very hot,the scenery amazing and the hotel excellent.
I still like my holidays at a coastal resort just for the breeze.I have some of the best beaches in the UK on my doorstep but its freezing cold. :rofl
I know what you mean about the breeze. On a hot day I'd hate to be in a hot place with no breeze.
I would say a beach holiday, and hubby would most definitely say the mountains. :think
We sort of did both when we went to Lake Garda, OK its not technically a beach but as near as we could get with mountains all around us. It was awesome but not as relaxing as two weeks on a Caribbean beach. Personally there is too much of the world to see to have a preference.
we go to akyaka in turkey a few times a year, it has a fabulous sandy beach and we are surrounded by lovely mountains, perfect for us to have both , although i just like to admire the mountains :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.