EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
I think this is a question that only the professionals can answer. I have friends that live in Perth and could not sponsor their mother until after they became Australian Citizens ( they had to live there quite a few years until they were eligible for citizenship)but this was a few years ago so things may have changed and I am not an expert. I am assuming you have already set things in motion for emigration as it is not easy and takes some time and your jobs have to be on the list of those needed.
The official government site for immigrants is http://www.immi.gov.au/
There are lots of sites offering help on moving to Australia and obtaining visas, just Google, Immigration to Australia, and these sites will come up, though info. normally isn't free..
If your mother being able to accompany you to Australia is a condition of you going there you need to get professional advice before proceeding any further.
Hi Judith

thanks for answering. I know it's not an easy question, we're going over there in summer this year to speak to the solicitors to try to get advice. My cousin will also be an official resident next year. It is a major condition that my mum can come, although she's in very good health for her age she's still retired since my dad died 9 years ago my brothers and I have been responsible for supporting her and I don't want her to go in a home!
Hi Drama Queen
Hope everything works out OK.
I love visiting Australia it's one of my favourite holiday destinations and would consider moving there if they would have me (but as a retired person I am too old).
You can find loads of advice both Legal and Practical about moving to Australia on the BritishExpats.com Web Site

Jordy
Thank you both of you :)

I've not even been there yet as a holiday! Going in 2008 for 3 weeks to meet some solicitors and look into property. It's nice to be able to check that it's viable before we set our sights too high! So thank you very much, both of you! I know it's not an easy question (and probably not relevant to these forums!)

Right, I just need to qualify now! Will get that this year :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.