EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
its 25km (about 18 mils) south of varna take a quick look at this link

http://www.blackseaproperty.biz/bulgaria/avren/22

it will give you some idea

wizard
What made them choose this particuar place, cromwell?
Hi Mixter! :wave They wanted to be quite near Varna, as they liked that area. The house they have bought is in a little Village called Krusha (think thats how you spell it :oops: ). Ive seen the video footage they have shot of it, and it looks lovely from what ive seen. :) They even have a distant view of the sea from their bedroom window. Ive personally never been to Bulgaria, so cant possibly comment about them going to live over there. :roll: Not somewhere i would have chosen. I think another reason why they bought in Bulgaria is because its so cheap when you get there, the cost of living etc. Dont know when i will get the chance going over though. xx
Hi Cromwell, sorry cant be much help with your specific question about the area as I've only been to Sunny Beach but I think your parents will really love Bulgaria as a whole. Its certainly a very good investment for them as the property prices will escalate over the next few years. You'll just have to get over there and visit them next summer! :lol:
Hi Sallymac! :D Not sure if i will be able to get over next summer........ have to see how our finances are first. We are booked to go to Cyprus for our holiday in July. Do want to visit though, it looks ans sounds lovely, Bulgaria. :wave xx
:D Am sure you would really enjoy it, we will certainly go back.

PS, am missing you all in Gen Chat! Am still off line at home following our house move and only get 5 minutes here or there at work as we're really busy just now. Hoping to be back in the land of the living by the weekend! :hyper
Hi Cromwell,

Avren is, as previously said, around 25Km South West of Varna. Krusha, however, is just over 26Km from Avren (and just over 27Km from Varna) by road, according to the bgmaps.com routefinder.

Krusha is closer to the coast than Avren and, gratifyingly, farther away from the factories and power station of the Varna ship canal/Devnya area.
Thank you Baldur. Im just a little worried that it could be a little remote for my parents. They have told me there is a Bus........ twice a day! Ive advised them to get a car, which i think they are going to do. Any more Info about this area would be appreciated, thanks.

** emoticons removed. Please try to avoid overuse of them in the holiday forums
Fiona HT mod**
Hi Cromwell, Krusha is one of the prettiest places in the area, which is beautiful. Your folks will appreciate the scenery. It is not far from Kamchiya, a resort with a river, the Kamchiya River, flowing in to the Black Sea and with a good stretch of sandy beach. Avren is good as well and I have bought some building land there which enjoys excellent views. The good thing about Avren is that when I was there after Easter they were repairing the road to connect to the main Varna-Burgas road. Your folks will certainly need a car - something robust (or not too expensive) as the roads are pretty dodgy...but like the Avren road it will get better with time. Having been on business to BG many times, I think the area south of Varna is some of the best I've seen on the Black Sea coast. However, most of the more remote villages are kind of simple and might be a culture shock for your folks - they were for my wife!

There are Internet cafes in Varna so no problems there and good shopping. If they got the Internet at home, however, they could subscribe to something like Skype, an Internet phone service and keep in touch with you at local rates.

You might reconsider going next year as I've discovered that BA have a scheduled direct flight to Varna from London twice weekly starting 25 March 2006 (Wednesdays and Saturdays). It doesn't appear to be too expensive. You can get to BG (Sofiya) by Wizzair from Luton (cheaply)and to Varna by Malev, but in both cases you have to change in Budapest - great place to visit, but adds hugely to time. I shall certainly use the BA option next year. Hope your folks enjoy it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.