EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Not sure that you wouldn't get more of a response in the Ex-Pat section - but here goes:

Why are you moving to Bulgaria? It is highly unlikely that you will find work there, and you may not be able to sell what you buy as the tourist areas of Bulgaria are becoming overrun with property deals. You will find that the tourist season on the Black Sea is very short (May-Oct) and that the temperature drops substantially out of season.

Can you live with yourself 24 hours a day ... there may not be the ex-pat community you might need to help you feel at home. Can you cope with being in a foreign country when the UK is far away?

You need to be brutally honest with yourself if you are going to take the plunge. If you do decide to, good luck and keep on posting on here for advice and support.
Thanks for that, how do I get onto the ex pat section? Just heard about this today
As for work I have a few idea's which I think may well work, I'll never know till I try!!! :roll:
The feedback I have recieved so far is that the house prices will eventually be the same as Spain and now is an excellent time to invest
Hi Fiona,

Click HERE for the ex-pat/owners abroad forum.

I would suggest a LOT of research before taking the plunge - salaries in Bulgaria tend to be minute in comparison with those in Western Europe, a Bulgarian General's salary was quoted as 1,000 Leva per month in the media in January (that's around £353).

Baldur
Was thinking more along the line of finding something produced in Bulgaria at a very reasonable cost and selling it here?
More feasible, especially after EU accession, I suspect.

The Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce may be useful to you - when their website is working! (it appears to be down at the moment).

Baldur
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.