EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Hi

I have just moved to Tenerife, three months ago. There are so many different things that I could tell you I would be here until next week. If you can think of anything specific that you want to know I will try and give you an answer

Good Luck Jackie
Hi Jackie,
There are soooooo many questions I would like to ask as myself, the wife and 2 kids are making plans to move to Tenerife in early 2009, but this is about moving to Fuerteventura. I guess all I could ask would be :

How easy(if that's the right word) was it to actually get to the island and obtain NIE/Residiencia (whatever it's called today)?

Our plan is to sell up in UK, including furnishings etc., and then get a rental place. The idea is that the money we have from the house sale will be ample to keep us going for about 1 year, but I plan to work over there, and if viable, so does the wife. The whole plan is to basically swap UK for Tenerife.

Thanks
hi jackie, sorry for taking so long to reply to your reply lol. but like mlinley, there is just so much i could ask!! did you take any animals over with you? how long were you in the planning of your move? or did you 'just do it!' we have a lot of friends over there now, and they are telling us not to think about it anymore just to do it! we were planning for 2009, but now we have decided to move next year. my husband wishes we could just snap our fingers and it all be done. but we all know it doesnt work like that, but how easy did you find the whole process of moving from uk to there? thanks 8) :D 8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.