Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
muay thai
6 Posts
Hi Fiona,

I have never been to the stadium in Bangkok, however my husband and I came across Thai boxing in Patong and we were hooked we went to the same place for about three nights, my husband was impressed as one of the boxers was wearing a pair of Liverpool FC shorts!! we had our picture taken with him, it is brilliant to watch, inside was lots of little bars you choose one to sit at and have a drink while you watched the barman also got us playing Jenga it was great fun, I would recommend anyone to go and experience it,
its certainly a brilliant atmosphere. I loved watching everything around the boxing ring too- the music being played, the locals making bets- its a serious business for them :D
We went and saw the boxing in Bangkok one night- it moves around the different stadiums on different nights- a great night of entertainment- we even got to have our piccies taken with the winners
I've been to both of the main stadiums in Bangkok - Lumpini and Ratchadamnoen, and to the one in Krabi too. The ones in Bangkok are far better in my opinion - better atmosphere, better fights etc. Definitely worth it for a night out. Don't pay extra for the ringside seats though - they're not worth it and are only for the tourists.
we sat with the locals in KS- I didn't want to fork out the money they wanted for ringside seats. I think we may well give thai boxing another night out :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.