Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
It looks as though various parts of the Mundomar site have been taken offline for the moment, perhaps for updating with 2007 opening times and prices. The park is usually open for almost all of the year, but you could always e-mail them at mundomar@mundomar.es for confirmation of opening times and show times your particular dates.

As for Benidorm Palace, I would buy tickets in resort. In fact some of the excursion shops in the Old Town are slightly cheaper, because they tend to be frequented primarily by Spanish clientele. For our Benidorm Palace discussion thread, please click here.

David :wave
Thanks David, I have sent an e-mail off and await their reply. :D
Bear in mind too that Benidorm Palace may not be open every night during February, but you will find more info and discussion in that thread.

David :wave
i am sure it is open all year round except for xmas and new years day. I know I was there on the second of Jan last year. Not sure about the water park

deb
Mundomar should be open now. I think they only close on Chistmas Day. But I think Aqualandia, the neighbouring water park is still closed for the Winter season. :roll:
I got an e-mail back from Mundomar this morning and they said they will be open from 10th February, every day from 10 - 6.
I'll be able to take a visit :D
Mundomar must of changed their opeing times in that case, from when I was last there, because I know we went on my father's birthday with is January 2nd.
Maybe it wasn't worth their while opening. I know when I went for new year 2005/2006 it wasn't open and it wasn't this new year just passed either.
Mundomar must of changed their opening times in that case, from when I was last there, because I know we went on my father's birthday with is January 2nd.

That was a number of years ago though wasn't it? Things change all the time, like Wheatcrunchie says, It probably isn't worth their while opening if they aren't doing the business.

When I went, it seemed to attract mostly families so I suppose in the winter months because there are a lot of people from "The older generation." it's not financially viable.

Sue :)
SUE ALLEN wrote:
That was a number of years ago though wasn't it?

Three years ago. Just. January 2004. I've got one of the touristy photos that they take that is date-stamped (02/01/04). And when we went it was very busy, especialy with elderly Spanish tourists.
Mundomar was closed all over xmas and newyear the only thing open was Terranatura which was fantastic and certainly worth a visit.
I believe the Mundomar Website is now back up and running a full service. And according to what I have read, the Park is only closed on Christmas Day and New Year's Day and opens at 10.00am daily.

Although the information is a little bit confusing as on their calender, what I take to be the opening days are only highlighted as from February 26th. But I know we visited the Park much earlier than that and it was open then. But as I say, I think that was 2004.....it might have been 2005, a lot has happened since then.

So maybe an em@il to Mundomar for confirmation might be the best option.

mundomar@mundomar.es
And according to what I have read, the Park is only closed on Christmas Day and New Year's Day and opens at 10.00am daily.

With all due respect B.H.I.C. if you look at an earlier post then you will see that Mrs Gersh was actually in Benidorm over Xmas and New Year and neither of them were open so the website is obviously incorrect.

Yes, I did see the earlier post. That is why I suggest an email might be the best option. I know their website appeared to be closed, but I've just been looking at it now and they give dates for 2007.

Like you say I can only assume there is a possible error as the information shown on the Mundomar Website clearly conflicts with what the other Member has stated.

The calender shows December 25th highlighted as being a day the Park is open, but on the same page they state it is closed on Christmas Day. :hmmm
I mean wheatcrunchie says they have received an email confiormation saying that the Park opens from February 10th which dies not agree with the calender on the website which clearly shows 26th february 2007.
I am going to Benidorm tommorow so I will try to get some info whilst I'm there, inbetween checking out the Dr Who Pub. :lol:

I am really sorry but I can't remember when it reopened but why not try tourist information. There were a couple of safari parks open but a bit far out.
I hope Mundomar's open. What will I do next Thursday if it's not :hmmm
Reading the Spanish side of the Mundomar website....
They closed the park on the 11th December last year to make some improvements and create some different habitats for some of the exotic species that live in the park.....and will (hopefully) be opening their gates to the public on Sunday 18th Febrero....or around that date (proximo)

I can only assume.....This decision to carry out some improvements may not have been adjusted on the website's calendar.

SanJi x
Terranatura is great I would say better. My kids are 2 & 5 They have free donkey rides loads more animals and shows the only things missing are the seals and dolphins etc there are also lots of special offer tickets about.If the weather is really nice there is also a water park inside as well for no extra charge.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.