Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
In this order starting from the nearest first.

Hotel Mediterraneo
Hotel Levante Club
Hotel Flamingo Oasis
Hotel Melia
Hotel Regente
Hotel Dynastic Park

Sanji x
What about the rest of your holiday? Benidorm Palace is in a pretty grotty area! Stay somewhere better and get a taxi!
Obviously it's all a matter of personal opinion, but I wouldn't describe the area around Benidorm Palace or those hotels as 'grotty'.

David :wave
As a holidaymaker who has visited Benidorm many times I would not describe the area as the least bit grotty. We have stayed at the Levante Club Hotel 3 times and have been perfectly satisfied with our holiday. Although we have no personal experience of the other hotels mentioned they all look good from the outside and generally have good reviews. We would certainly consider any of them for future holidays. Personally I think it the hotels mentioned are in a far nicer part of Benidorm than many more longer established parts.
As the previous answer says taxis are cheap and if you wish to be more in the busy part, that is the answer. On the other hand, if the Benidorm Palace is the main focus of your holiday, I don't think you can better Sanji's factual list and don't think you would be disapointed. You can also taxi in the opposite direction if you would like different nightlife as we do.
The Meditteraneo is directly opposite the Benidorm Palace and is a very nice hotel we stayed there in July.

As for the area, I wouldn't describe it a rough at all, in fact I would say it is in one of the nicer areas, mainly all private housing and a lot quieter than being in the thick of it all.

Katy
There is also the Deloix Aqua Center which is about a 2 minute walk from Benidorm Palace but not as near to the main facilites as the hotels Sanji has listed. We stayed there in November last year and it is a really nice hotel.

Michelle
I definitely wouldn't call that area "grotty". I also personally think it is one of the better areas of Benidorm.
Regardless of where we stay, we always take a walk past Benidorm Palace, pass the camp/caravan site and walk to the end of the road, then at the junction turn left and follow the track that runs along side the road which brings you back into Benidorm passing orange groves, can you believe.!

It's a lovely walk and if you get to the junction and don't fancy walking by the busy road, then just turn around and walk back from whence you came, on the opposite side of the road.
Now I'm going to stick my neck out here and say, it is a nice flat walk, I personally don't "do" hills, with the exception of the gruesome journey to the cross, that hurt me more than I let on"¦ :oops: and won't be repeated.
I love walking by the sea on flat ground and this is probably why I love walking on Benidorm's promenades and others.

Suprisingly enough, talking about the cross....when you are up there, the three hotels (Melia, Flamingo Oasis, and Levante Club) and the residential area around them, those were the first landmarks that stood out and enabled me to focus on the area and get my bearings, when looking down on the concrete "jungle".

There is no way that I would repeatedly walk past Benidorm Palace if it was either grotty or hilly but that's just my opinion and we'll not go into what is classed as an incline, slope, platform, hill, mountain it's nearly Christmas.!!!! :rofl
Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
:lol: :lol: I stand corrected. To be honest my view of the place was probably tainted by the walk I had to do to get there to visit the "in-laws" when they stayed up that end :lol: :lol:
(I still wouldn't stay there :P )
thanks colin www , we have worked hard all our lives and sold everything to live our dream here in beni, we live in private housing just past the palace and now we find its the worst part in your oppinion . dont think so - dont knock what you dont know. we have some off the nicest bars and places to eat on our doorstep and if we want clubs etc taxies are cheap. the bus is e1 to altea, albia etc and the station is 10 min away to alicanti - denia. heaven!
We were at the Buena Vista Apartments (near Levante Club Hotel) a few years ago, and yes it was a bit of a trek to the main clubs, but since that time loads of bars, restaurants etc, have opened in the area, and when we walked up that way last week it was really great there. Has Benidorm Palace moved because it certainly doesn't seem so far out these days!!! :lol:
Maybe I should have chosen a better word than "grotty" :lol:
When I say I wouldn't "stay" there I am not using the Scottish meaning! If I went to "live" in Benidorm I would probably live in that area too, maybe even further out, I certainly can't afford anything in the centre :cry: When I go there on holiday, however, the nearer to the centre the better!
Liverbird, I can't believe that you worry what other people think. I'm stuck working within a mile of your namesake in the rain and cold, while you're livin' la vida loca. I'd swap with you tomorrow!
I think any of those hotels Sanji has highlighted would prove a good bet both in location and reasonable quality to. Its an area which now has a very decent selection of bars, restaurants, shops and supermarkets also, and its only around 4 or 5 euros to the old town by taxi or a nice walk if you're not infirm. Some lively bars near there would be Rock n Roll house, Tropical, Olde Tavern. A couple of good Spanish restaurants would be La Palmeras and El Nino (noted for Paella). I've stayed at the Regente myself many times. This used to be 2 star but has now been upgraded to 3star..its not the most luxurious hotel around but very welcoming with friendly staff and decent food.

Best Regards - Taggy :)
Sorry Colin but 'm afraid that I must also disagree with you regarding the area around Benidorm Palace been "Grotty". :roll:

In May just gone, we stayed at the Regente Hotel and my mother and father-in-law who live near Murcia were coming to visit us in Beni for a few days.

I had provisionally booked for them to stay at a couples house who let rooms off. The address was Urb Azagador Calle de Naploles.
As they weren't arriving until our second week, we decided to check the place out. We walked up the road from the Beni Palace, turned right and through the residential streets. There were some beautiful houses along the way and I also couldn't help noticing how much cleaner it was than in the middle of Beni.

We did decide to change their booking because as they are pensioners, we felt that it was a little too far out for them.

We actually ended up booking the Triomar apartments next door but one from Buddies, right facing the square,so we went from one extreme to the other :lol:

I understand that you like to be in the midst of things Colin but the whole area is really up and coming and because of that the bars are all reasonably new and in my experience spotlessly clean.
I really don't know where the word "Grotty" comes in. :hmmm

I really don't blame Liverbird for been a bit perplexed about this, I wouldn't want anyone calling the area where I live "Grotty" when it wasn't.

Sue :)
"Grotty" Where were you.
It's certainly not grotty up this end and the surrounding area from Beni Palace is brand new and up and coming.

Totally disagree with you Colin.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.