Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
music ban???
8 Posts
...copied from another thread

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Woo Hoo....a break through, someone with a little common sense at last!

The Goa Tourism Minister has said that his ministry will undertake an exercise to identify beach and shack areas popular among tourists and relax music timings in those localities.....Woo Hoo Bring it on!!!

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=TOI&BaseHref=TOIGO/2008/11/05&PageLabel=5&EntityId=Ar00500&ViewMode=HTML&GZ=T
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As far as music in Mambos and Titos, no change, I was in Mambos till 5am and got chucked out :que

:cheers
thats good news has anyone noticed if the shacks around baga and calengute are all closing at 10pm now i know its slightly out of season compaired to xmas and nye. but if there all closing now at 10pm then maybe thats it and the ban will be enforced!

thanks...
Great news
Felt 10.00pm too early as many don't leave the beach until 6.00pm, by the time we are showered and have eaten music would have finished

Feel it need to be sensible to compromise to everyone including those who live in the vicinty and therefore midnight feels right
I agree...Midnight would be perfect!

:cheers

And then back to the hotel bar that stays open until 2am :cheers :cheers
Would midnight be o/k if the loud music was playing by your home night after night when you have to be up for work at 5 or 6 o'clock in the morning, I don't think so, enjoy the music untill 10' oclock then relax and talk to other holiday makers like we used to do before mass tourism, you find it quite enjoyable and very informative. Danny
I can see you point Danny, and also it's not like the shacks etc close at 10, the music just goes off.

Personally, I don't think the music should go off completely just turned down to a sort of background music.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.