Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
You obviously didn't realise that although the petrol stations are closed, they all have machines which take cards or cash so you can refuel anytime day or night!
If you had explored some of the villages nearby in the evening you would have found some lovely cheap tavernas with excellent food. People who live here know to avoid the tourist areas!
Great report Candybabe, thank you.

Sarah
x
Loved reading your report - thanks!

U2fan
Candybabe
good trip report. We loved the mountains and all the villages there. :D We came back with some homemade red wine which was something like 50p a bottle. We had been shown round a house which had been preserved as it would have been almost 100 years ago.The tour was free but you had to buy some of their produce. We bought 4 bottles amongst other things and opened one up that evening- it was great stuff- very like port and we wished we'd bought more :lol:
Carolh

I did know about the ticket machines but was not brave enough to try them out. We had fuel to spare but if necessary I would have braved them.

I agree the wine was fantistic value. Unfortunately my luggage allowance only allowed for a bottle of 7 star Metaxa but another reason to go back some time with plenty of baggage allowance. Mind you, I did do the wine drinking pround whilst there (too much some times) so not a bad thing to give the system a rest on my return.

I did visit Cyprus in the late 60s and stayed in Nicosia with my first future mother in law and did the North. I remember lovely beaches up there (but my memory may be selective) and it was there that I had my first kleftiko, cooked in the ground hence my quest this time to find one just as good.

Back to Goa at Christmas - see you on the Goan forum Fiona.

Candybabe
Metaxa, METAXA epta.... why did you not get the best brandy of cyprus instead of imported greek brandy..... dont get me wrong i love mataxa epta but i realy do like [by choice] pende regus or for the english FIVE KINGS its excelent

wizard
Because I love Metaxa!
great trip report, thoroughly enjoyed reading all about your holiday.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.