Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Brilliant report, made me feel I was back on the beach :sun2 :tup roll on part 2

Debi
we had January in Goa,it seems all so long ago,
Thanks for your report it has brought all the sounds ( and smells ) back,what a place.
can't wait for part 2 .
Ian - a cracking report - thanks. I also hired a scooter for the first time and the combination of fun, terror and sheer danger is hard to beat! :yikes

Agree totally about Soumyen's Kitchen - superb food! Look forward to week two.

PS How could you tell there was a binmen's strike in Panjim? :rofl
PS How could you tell there was a binmen's strike in Panjim?

The stench was so bad that all the flies had left the city :rofl

Turns out that the strike was resolved later that day

My stomach didnt heave that much on a rough ferry crossing on the english channel

GM06
Ian
Great report Ian, made me think how much i want to go back next year!

J.
Fantastic report Ian and very well described :tup

Makes me feel homesick :cry
Loved it - gonna pm you, fancy a day at that shack in Jan
Fantastic report, and for all my moaning in November you have brought back all the good things about Goa - and I will return. Thanks Ian, glad you had a great time
  • Edited by roxey 2008-03-08 16:08:33
:)
Wow, what a fantastic report cant wait for the next one. I am making lots of notes for when we return in two wks time.

Keep it comming love it :tongue

Pip
x :sun2
Great report - looking forward even more now. I'm staying with Lucia and Joseph from 18th, really lovely family, cant wait for my green pancakes lol :D
Breakfast is such an adventure, one morning after the obligatory fruit salad i had home ground channa massala on roti bread absoloutly amazing tatse. In a morning i would try and sneak out of my room on the ground floor and sit on my own in an attempt to try and see how long it was before a coffee appeared, the longest i lasted was 3 minutes, they must have radar.
:D

One afternoon we returned from the beach and Lucia brought us a plate of jeera rice, chicken liver curry and cabbagge and cumin seeds, the night before we left we ate a meal of kingfish and aubergines in a crumb and chilli batter, beef chilli fry, rice and vegtables, everything was so delicious and tasted wonderful. :tup

We spent many an hour with a cup of coffee sat watching the wildlife with joseph, Lucia would come round and my wife and and her would disapear into the village shopping.

They really do look after their guests.

GM06
Ian
They are just so fab - last time I was over (my 1st time with Lucia and Joseph) they used to bring us around nibbles of what they had been cooking, they did a lovely spiced boiled beef (I think thats what Joseph called it) and the fish cutlets freshly made from the fish the brother caught that morning were delicious....and Joseph was always bringing over his local feni in a lovely jar for us to try (very nice).
Your right about the radar, they have this instinct of when you want your breakfast, and it turns up within minutes of you hitting the veranda :)
Hi Ian, thanks for the fabulous report, great reading and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next part.
Brill report , our first time to Goa in 5 days ,like the sound of John,s beach shack :sun2
Great report Ian :tup , cant wait for part two....jxk8
Glad you two had a good time.... See you both same time next year?
What a great read......looking forward to the Karnataka bit!!!
GFF xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.