Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Nice little report Shirl. Your ring sounds lovely :tup

When in December will you be there?
shirl we will be out again from the 23rd november for 3 weeks will you be there at the same time ...do some more report its not long enough :rofl im sure you done a lot more to tell us all about ...
I cant believe we passed each other on the steps and did not know i was me and you was you :rofl ...colleen
Utorda beach is one of my favorites as well shirley , always go to Zeebops , glad you had a great time despite the rain .
:cheers lassi
Thanks girls, Ellie , we are off on 20th December :) , Irishcolleen will try and remember some more things to add , I am not great at trip reports :duh
Other things I have remembered...........................

Eating places, well unfortunately I was ill and in bed for a few days and 'off my food ' for a few more so really did not make the most of the great restaurants that are around, these are the ones I remember....

Molly Malones in Calangute, went twice, beautiful steaks both times.

Babutes in Calangute, awful place, very drab , food not great at all , staff not bothered, definitely the worst I visited.

Mango grove in Candolim, lovely food , a favourite of mine , lovely chicken tikka masala.

Angaara in Candolim, really like this restaurant, lovely curries and tandoori dishes.

Brittos in Baga, went twice in the day, great food, good service and beautiful coffee.

Sports bar Candolim, we went because Man United were playing against Liverpool (great result) we had the chicken jalfrezi and butter naan which was lovely.

The chippy in Calangute (I know it is sad but when I had been ill I only wanted very plain food) have to say what a surprise as this place was spotless, service very friendly, always busy and the fish was beautiful, we went twice.

Moonshine in Calangute, this little place is just around the corner from the Osborne hotel and was great , again when I was just wanting plain food this came in handy, their sunday roast is really good.

Zeebops in Utorda, only ate thier once at lunch time I had Shrimp cocktail, Beef chilly fry and a banana pancake , all were superb :tup

Havana shack in Palolem, great snacks , good music, very friendly shack .

That is all I can remember for now :que will add some more later.
Shopping , well as I mentioned before didn't do as much as usual this time,

I did buy a beautiful carved elephant from the Rajasthan shop in Calangute and a lovely 'old' looking spice chest , we always buy things from this shop it is a favourite of mine.

Bought 2 lovely sarongs on Ashwem beach 200rps each

I had 2 dresses made in Baga at a little place behind the oceanic shack , the lady made 2 exact copies of a sundress I bought in monsoon for £40 , the total for the 2 dresses which are lovely was 1100 rupees!

Bought loads of my favourite saffron youth dew in Newtons for 180 rupees a tub.

We bought all the usual medical things from Johnny's chemist in Calangute , antibiotics, pain killer, sleeping tabs, immodium etc etc , a fraction of the prices at home.

We looked at some lovely silk indian rugs in a couple of places , they retail at about £500 which is great value, decided to wait for Xmas and we will buy one then because I was a bit concerned that we were over on our baggage allowance.

That is it for shopping this time I think apart from my new sparkler :)
Great Shirley, enjoyed reading about your holiday.
And I agree with you, if youve been ill, then the last thing you want is spicy food so fish and chips or something similar would be my choice as well.
I hope you enjoyed your night at Sendra's
I told Rovin that you went to the Oceanic Shack as well and decided to come for a meal and he was so chuffed.
Just read the next bit of your report Shirley :)
Did you go to Naveed's behind the Oceanic. He made me a couple of beach skirts before and my OH some trousers.
Oh Gemma, I forgot to mention Sendra's and that was really lovely , great staff too.

The place I had the dresses made is just behind oceanic to the right side as you leave the beach, don't know the name but the lady was lovely , will use her again next time for sure :tup
Shirley thats the same day as me :) Which airport are you going from and who with?
We are going from Manchester with First Choice :cheers
Shirley I remember saying to Rovin "the lady sitting behind me also uses the Oceanic shack, so she wanted to come along for a meal". He was so happy and said "Your friend - she came here to see me, I must go and talk to her". :D
Oh and when Irishcolleen arrived I told her she'd just missed you by minutes but there was a lady leaving and she ran over to the stairs to say hello/bye bye, but I had to call after her and say it wasnt you :rofl You had just left minutes before that as well. Never mind, there will always be another time.
Hi shirley :wave:
I am also a big fan of the Saffron Youth Dew, last year I started using the Dandelion Face Vitaliser as well and my skin feels even better now, nave you tried it ?
x lassi
Shirley, we are going from Gatwick also with first Choice. What a shame we could have had a few drinks on the plane together :cheers :)

I too like the Youth Dew, bought some home for my Mum and she loves it too. Haven t tried the dandelion one yet Lassi, ill look out for that :tup
I bought Youth Dew on lassi recommendation on my first visit to goa in january i love it,i will try the dandelion face cream as well, its all such a great price. :tup
Thanks Lassigirl, will try the dandelion one when I go in December.
good report Shirley. We also loved Angarra.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.