Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
My trip report!
20 Posts
Thanks for your report Fizzy :cheers (Glad to hear about the handbag :yikes )
Fizz,nice to have you back,look forward to part two
Noted a few prices down whilst there. Sweet and sour chicken with rice and 2 x honeybees....280 Rs at rising Waves and for the same at Hibiscus......240 Rs. Honeybee and coke 40 Rs at most places I went to. Had a lovely main meal and Bebinca/ice cream at Maggies with compulsory Honeybee and coke x 2....total 370 Rs........Gin/Tonic at Franks/Baga was 110 Rs, Fillet steak 180 Rs, Tiger Prawns 520 Rs.

Nothing I had during my stay was by any means expensive.

Sorry everyone but I don't really do spice, well not very often as my digestive system is quite unpredictable. :que

Duty free shop at airport.........5 x 50g of Golden Virginia was £9.00
Menezes........200 pack Marlboro Lights was 940 Rs

Best exchange rate I got for stirling travellers cheques was 74.8 to the £ and best rate for cash I got was 76.20 - (could have been higher on other days though).

Fizz
  • Edited by fizzy2 2009-12-15 20:33:23
sounds like a nice chill out holiday :)
Yes I definitely chilled Fiona, I caught up with a lot of friends and recharged my batteries with a lot of sleep. I'm hoping that I shall now be fit for anything :D Fizz
done all your christmas shopping??? :D
Just bought a few small gifts back for family but not anything you would say was for Christmas - did my Christmas shopping before I went!
Oh you are too organised for me :rofl
Well it looks like I disappointed you with my report judging by the number of hits and no comments..........not surprised, I did warn that I didn't do anything exciting :rofl A holiday really is a personal thing and much of what I did wouldn't interest you as it's personal to me and my Goan friends. Usually when I am out there with UK friends and family believe me, I do get out and about far more....honest! My plan for this holiday was to do very little and that is exactly what I did and I enjoyed every relaxing moment :D

However, just to say Goa continues to be value for money, the sun shines hot and it is REALLY relaxing which is all any of us wants. Strange to see it so quiet though so hope the season improves now the shack shambles seems to be resolved.

Fizz
Don't worry fizzy :wave:
Maybe everyone is too busy getting ready for Christmas, or in Goa. Very few people were interested in my Colva, but I expected it as there's only me goes there :D
xx lassi
Sounds like we had very similar holidays Fizzy!!! :sun2 :sun2
Fizzy,

Do not feel guilty about chilling its exactly what we do.Glad you enjoyed it.

Papa
Nice to read your report, cant beat a bit of chillin

GM06
Ian
Fizz,sounds like just the holiday you wanted and needed,and right up my street,it wouldn`t do for us all to be the same,did you notice much difference in taxi prices? xx
No Debs, but I didn't expect to seeing as I always use Lawrence, for reasons known only to him and me he wouldn't dare try to rip me off! Other than that I used my landlady's tuk tuk chap and she'd kill him if he ripped me off..........as they knew I didn't want their blood on my hands they were always fair and reliable :rofl Maximum I spent was 150Rs from Kingstork area to Baga but also had that trip for 100Rs so it can still vary a bit. Cheapest trip I did was a free bike ride to Arpora, scared the you know what out of me :yikes Return trip was done on 4 wheels and was still free :D

Oh I don't feel guilty about my boring report, I knew it would be boring but just wait til the next time ;)

Didn't tell you about the skinny dipping because I knew nobody would be interested in that :rofl
Fizz
  • Edited by fizzy2 2009-12-17 20:00:37
Didn't tell you about the skinny dipping because I knew nobody would be interested in that
Fizz

Pictures please Fizzy ;) ;)

Papa
Trouble is Papa the camera isn't waterproof so I didn't get any sorry to disappoint.......you didn't miss much though :rofl
hi fizzy2 - just read your report and its not boring at all! nice little bit of info on prices.where did you stay,and have you done a review?
Hi Bushbaby, I stayed at my regular guest house, Alvares. I haven't added a review this time as nothing much to report, it is still the great little place that I love to stay, clean, peaceful and has a pool. Usually sit on the balcony with a coffee in the mornings and watch the local kingfisher swoop down for it's morning dip/drink in the pool.....lovely.

The area opposite the guest house has been cleared and its very likely a restaurant will open there, just hope it's not going to be too noisy in the future; however, I also hope the guest house will benefit from the extra passing foot fall that the restaurant is likely to attract, the place gets a bit sidelined at present which is such a shame

Fizz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.