Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
my trip report
23 Posts
Welcome back. I know what it's like to get straight back into work mode, I was back at the office within 2 hours of landing a couple of weeks back. Seems like ages ago now.
Looking forward to it.

Papa
Welcome back Vegasone, hope you had a great holiday.
hope you had a great hol... cant believe you are back already ... sorry we didnt get to catch up!! :(
chilly
well we walked past the carvery wed but went to inferno instead :)
ok

There were 3 of us this year, moi, my best friend and my ex ex girlfriend who I am now back with :tup I was the booker for the holiday and booked the flights with Jewel for £520 each inc sit together at extra cost. I booked the flights Dec I think and then Jan 7th we drove 10 minutes to Goswell road to deposit passports and a week later my friend jogged from work to pick them up....easy peezy.

I then booked an apartment at Regal Park in candolim Dec 23rd but because I am blonde I did not pay the deposit withing the 5 days and paid it on the 6th so the man from Goaholidays emailed me saying the room had gone :yikes and offered me another room but for the first 3 nights we would have to sleep elsewhere and told me it was in Candolim, I had the name of it and googled it and it was not a pretty site I tell ya, so I told him I did not want it and asked for my £80 deposit back.... 'John' then emailed me telling me I could not have it back as I had booked the apartment..anyway after about 22 emails he finally gave me my money back it took 3 weeks.

So then I had to find somewhere and lucky for me Cathyp who is on here pm'd me and I stayed in her apartment at Regal park/beach/sand/shack...Oh I cant remember which one but any way she sent me photos and I booked it,Thanks Cath :cheers

Soooo our flight left on 28th Jan at Gatwick 13..50 and it was Moanarch and it was on time so after spending £32 on take a break and chat in smiths we wandered onto the plane on time took 2 diazepaans and fell asleep..... :rofl I woke up a8 hours later and felt good.
We landed at 4am and it was heaven... immigration was ok but could not find the swine flu people so no idea why you have to fill those cards out but hey its Goa. Got to the taxi booth 675 rps waited outside and had a fag and a taxi man came up and said taxi....now this was the first cos for 2 weeks we must have heard it 132 times a day it really is tiresome, we asked him how much to candolim and he said 800 so I told him to tuk off............................... :)
Hi Vegasone, I am enjoying this report hurry with the next bit please :tup
ok

So we get our 675 rps taxi and enter the Reagl park/palm/beach/shack/wave whatever its called and after texting Cathyp she meets us with her Husband at the apartment. They show us round and we are in oar of it (is that the right oar? ) Its beautiful and if you want to check it out pm me and I will send the number on ownersdirect. Any way off they went and we made a cuppa and unpacked cos it was only about 5am now and the beach doesnt open till at least 9.30 :rofl

We sat out on the balcony taking in the view and the smell of Goa, my friend watched a bit of Tata sky tv thingy and we just chilled..... sorry if its a bit boring but thats what we did.

Ok so now the sun is up and the beach was yelling out to us and boy I needed the beach as I needed a sleep so off we went like 3 snowmen down to our shack of 11 years 21 coconuts. On the way we stopped offf at the beauty salon as you do and got my beard and tache threaded for 50rps it had to be done or I would end up with white bits and people would mistake me on the beach for a yetti. The walk to the beach was 10 mins and we did get asked only 8 times if we wanted a taxi.... but I did not tell any of them to tuk off............ :)
Thanks for the kind words. I do have an ad on the Private Rentals part of HT with a link to the website. I agree that the taxi drivers can be quite loud in the mornings, particularly the one with the "laugh" - you know the one I mean.

Love the report, you do have a way with words. :)
Yes,keep it coming vegasone.

Love reading everyones reports.

Papa
Really great report , looking forward to the next installment :)
loving your trip report so far :D

Please sir, can we have some more?
ok

so the first day as a snowman on the beach we applied factor 20 all over well apart from my friend as she had sunbeded it up before hand so went for an 8 :really , all the shack owners from before greeted us , baboo and a new entry next door to our shack was a man called seaman, we guessed an english person named him that but it made me rofl all holiday every day I heard pete the perv ( I will tell you about that later) called his name out. 'Seaman can I have a beer,Seaman can I have the menu, cheers seaman' after 14 days I wanted to change his name to somthing like plain 'Bob'.

So the day like any other day we spent chilling and having a massage by Ram (no we did not give him that name either) and people watching as well as listening to the screeching beach sellers who decided to camp out right by us, but the ipod came to the rescue.

I wonder if the beach sellers ask Seaman if he wants nuts????

tuk tuk :)
Great :rofl and very funny. Keep it coming please :D
ok

so the beach was done for the day and we walked back to our lovely apartment purchasing some coke on the way .. no need for water this year as the apartment had a water purifer...poshness.

We showered the day off and set ourselves down on the balcony for a bit of reading..as you do.

Every year we always go to the casaseashell for our first nights dinner so err thats what we did .. we walked down there and went into Guru jewels on the way to say hi and look at some bling, then we said hi to the elephant shop couple Nitesh and Gitalle

We were followed by a few dogs and then realised that my friend decided to bring dog biscuits with her in her bag so was feeding them at every opportunity I cant stand the things myself but each to their own.

Had a lovely meal and played 'guess the bill'..... as you do. Then walked back home, decided against a taxi as its a 5 minute walk :rofl popped into the little shop and bought eggs for breakfast...as you do and a few beers.

We were all quite tired now and fell asleep as soon as we got in

Most of our days in Goa are mirrored and not much changes really
up
wash
egg
beach
burn
eat
drink
up
walk
clean
drink
walk
eat
buy
walk
read
bed

sorry its not that exciting reading at the moment..but dont get tuk'd off with me
This almost exactly mirrors how we spend our days.

Papa
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.