Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
my turn!
41 Posts
Senhor Angelo in Calangute also stays open all year round. We stayed there one year. In a good spot and near the beach with a pool.
I've managed to get a quote for Sonesta( through Savion?) but it is a bit more than the price quoted by Sonesta on their faulty site. I have emailed back to say that I am looking for a cheaper quote.
I'm not sure about the south Lassigirl as it may be a bit too quiet in October.
oh well
Savions quote was not for the room I wanted- ( but I wouldn't have known that if I hadn't read the reservation form properly. Not impresssed as they wanted the money up front and I might have paid for a room I never asked for).
I tried to get a quote from another company who also could not get Sonesta to reply!
So- now its between Lagoa Azul or MD. I can't make my mind up- but at least I know I can get MD to reply!!
Isn't it infuriating when we want to spend money but they can't be bothered taking it off us! When you get there and say I e-mailed thirteen times but you didn't reply, you just get the nodding head and a shrug!

Not going to try and influence you in your choice - they're both good hotels with different appeals!!
no doubt I will make my decision, book it and Sonesta will finally reply to one of my 13 emails :lol:
Fiona, the only real drawback to the marinha is the very hard beds :(

Hey, but maybe you like hard beds :D

del949
Del. Do you mean all beds in Goa aren't as hard as the ones at Marinha Dourada. I slept like a log the first night, then as the time went on found them really uncomfortable, so I just had to drink more! :D
Polly,
we have fond that the beds at the Phoenix Park are full sprung mattresses. BUT ... I don't know how often they plan to renew them and I guess that they are 6 years or so old now.
Just to be sure I too rely on Honeybee for a good nights sleep :D :D
del949
thats fine- I'll tell the OH we have to drink a lot of honeybee :lol:
not for pleasure you understand..............merely to ensure a good rest :D
Fiona make it md,you will not be sorry.
Just situated slightly away from the hustle and bustle and yet with in easy striking distance when the mood beckons.
I have travelled extensively and i have to say without any reservation that md is a truly magical hotel set in the most picturesqe of locations.
Wouldnt nessasarily say that the rooms were basic.
No different that any typical spanish offering.
Again the nicest 3 key hotel i have ever stayed at.
Jewel in crown rep said the only other hotel better in the area was the taj and that was 5 star.. nuff said.
The staff btw are truly exeptional...

Called in at the ronil our second choice on the baga road.
Nice place but a fraction of the acarage of md.
Also situated on the very busy baga road.
I'm just glad we are not going till October- by then hopefully some of the hotels will have responded to my emails :lol:
Fiona have you tried La Calypso for a price?? New Hotel only opened last year, good location - close to beach where there WILL be a FEW shacks open in October. Hotel is open all year.

GFF xx
It looks a great hotel GFF. I'm still not sure about counting on the beach so would be happier with a pool( but I know I'm probably wrong :lol: ) We don't have it in our reviews so I will add it now.
finally got quotes re Casa de Goa(Lezlie- you'll like that one!), Sonesta, Kingstork and MD. After a lot of thought we are going with MD. I wasn't happy with the first two and communication. I think Kingstork looks great but I'd love a few reviews first. Now I have to think about room requests. :D
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and help.
definately ask for a room in one of the annexes
del949
Fantastic hotel Fiona, but NOT Room 259.
thanks for the room advice and the pms :D Now I've been told that Kingstork is beautiful so I'm swithering :lol:
Youve definitely made the right choice Fiona, MD is so nice. Will send you a PM :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.