Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
my turn!
41 Posts
I can recomend the Casa de Goa but no way would i pay their advertised prices I paid Rs1000/night off season.(pool nice gardens good staff)

Also Molly malones is quite comfortable off season shouldn't be no more than Rs500/600/night(no pool not much of gardens good staff)

thats per room not per person.

lez
The Casa sea shell in Candolim is ok, open all year round. small pool, clean rooms but not 5 star.
Sam
I don't think we can afford 5 star in India! :lol:
Thanks Lezlie- will have a look.
Casa seashell is fine Fiona
They have installed nice thick mattresses so the beds are comfy and the place is spottless (compared to some) and you are right in the thick of it all.
GL
I'm not in a great hurry to book accomodation so will investigate all suggestions( polite ones only please :lol: )
The marriot is a very good hotel, very comfy beds.
Ive stayed there one night a few years ago when our flight got delayed on the way home, so we got put up in the hotel for a few hours.
But i think the rates about £100 a night per room :(
It is not 5 star, but I would certainly recommend the Cavala in Baga. A real Goan Hotel. Very comfortable, clean and typicaly Goan. They are open all year and have a great pool.
Fiona the MD is fabulous. Its set in lovely grounds and its very tranquil. It has two lovely pools. One in the main building next the restaurant and one over the small bridge beside the annexe buildings (only a 2 min walk away).
I really like the look of Casa De Goa. MD is also up there in the running. They have just quoted me £34 a night- would that be about right do you think?
I stayed in the MD, rooms are basic but very clean, Hotel facilities are good, the surrounding grounds are beautiful and the staff were lovely.

I haven't got any complaints, I had a fantastic holiday and could not have wished for anything better. The only downside was I took ill the second week and I am still suffering, but that had nothing to do with the hotel.
Poor you- what do the doctors think caused it?
The doctors think I may have picked up a bug or parasite, but I have to wait for blood results before they can treat me.
hi fiona we stayed at the sonnesta last year it is a fab hotel very very nice beautiful pool it is in candolin the top end on the way to calancute they have a wonderful suit you may be able to see it if you go on hotel reviews many of the bolywood stars stay ther but if you want standard suit they have them also it is very popular with them who know about it so dont leave it to late if you like it Elaine
sorry forgot to mention that if you walk through the gardens it takes you right onto the beach
thanks - I will check it out. Hopefully they also have an email which works. For anyone else ever thinking of doing a multi centre in India and organising it yourself - give yourself a good year to get it booked!!!
Fiona, two downsides to Marinha D.
Mattresses were the thinest we have found in Goa and taxis are almost essential if going anywhere.
other than that it's very good, but we prefer the Phoenix park or victor exotica

del949
Hi Fiona,

Although I've never stayed there, I agree with Toe that the Sonesta looks great. If there's no action on the beaches, the grounds are lovely and the pool is great. The gardens lead directly onto the beach.

We've also stayed at the Ronil Beach in Baga. If you get a good room (e-mail ahead and tell them what you do - that should fix it!), it's great there. Nice pools, good food and attentive staff. Trouble is, there are some dodgy rooms - you have stand your ground at reception and they move you.

Lagoa Azul also has a nice pool area but is further away from the beach in Arpora. Victor Exotica in Candolim has a nioce pool area and looks good.

You won't go short of advice and I'm sure you'll ask if any of us can help!
thanks Roma and Del

(e-mail ahead and tell them what you do - that should fix it!),

Do you know in all my travels I've never thought to do that :lol:
I certainly would - you've got to use whatever edge you can over there to get what you want!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.