Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
We can only express our personal opinions here on HT.

In my opinion, your best option is to get professional advice from an expert.

The person to contact is Ros Fernihough, Travel Law Solicitor, Ros has helped many members of HT .

Ros has offered our members free impartial legal advice.

Please note that Ros does not read or post on this board any contact to her must be made via :-

Tel :- 01922 621114

Please keep us informed how you go on. All feedback helps others.

fwh
I'm not sure that there is anything you can do to be honest. I am sure you were badly advised about the flights and the name change at the time but having purchased the two extra tickets I am unsure that you can then in hindsight claim for the cost back. I can only suggest writing to them with any proof that you might have in the form of emails (or if it was over the phone a longshot is to try to recall the date of the phone calls so that they might be able to check recorded calls) that you were wrongly advised that you had no alternative but to book another ticket.

So far as the flights were concerned I don't think there is anything you can do about being routed to another airport because of bad weather. They did provide transport to the resort after all.

I'm very sorry that you had a rotten time of it, do let us know if you have any luck.
Please don't take this the wrong way but whether you were tired or not when you made the booking wont cut any ice with them.
Non refundable tickets are just that ,thats why you have to be so careful at the time of booking again its not there fault a mistake was made.
Don't know why they would have said you needed two tickets when only one was wrong commonsense should have said only one was needed.
The tickets would have been sent to the email address provided.
As for the delays i think you have been very unfortunate.
The lesson here is to book with a travel agent.

I cannot see you getting anywhere with this especiallay the flights but i hope you can get it resolved to your own satisfaction.
Hi Iamclaire,

I don't know the answer, suggest follow the advice of fwh, it's sound as usual -

We can only express our personal opinions here on HT.

In my opinion, your best option is to get professional advice from an expert.

The person to contact is Ros Fernihough, Travel Law Solicitor, Ros has helped many members of HT .

Ros has offered our members free impartial legal advice.

Please note that Ros does not read or post on this board any contact to her must be made via :-

Tel :- 01922 621114

Please keep us informed how you go on. All feedback helps others.

fwh

Peter
I received full travel details for someone who entered the wrong e-mail address. All his personal details, home address, credit card, dates he would be away, flight numbers, hotel he was staying at , who the other passengers were etc etc. Check, check and check again.
I booked flights 8 weeks ago for friends direct with BA.

When the confirmation e-mails came through i realised that i had done this.

Mr M
Mrs M (should have been S)

I rang BA straight away saturday tea time. And got the name changed straight away. Was told that i wouldn't receive a confirmation e-mail for a few days, which made me panic. but i need not have bothered cause the e-mail came the next day.

And confirmation came via a letter 5 days later.
Opado was telling you porkies and BA would do a name change if it was a mistake. Get hold of set of BA's term and conditions and if they will allow a name change take opado to the cleaners. Because genuine errors do happen is why they have a name change proceedure in place.

If a agent made the mistake do you think they would paid BA for new tickets, no they would of contacted BA and get the tickets corrected. I am divious if I had booked it on the phone and I would of told them they made an error on the name.

Charter tickets are non refundable but name changes are allowed, a non refundable scheduled airline ticket means if you miss your flight, cancel your ticket and if you try to change the date of travel you will not get any money back.

When I done my airfares and ticketing exams we needed to know all the rules on the tickets and it could be very complicated but it never came up a name error corection was not allowed on a non open ticket before the first leg of the journey. As wicked chris said he booked direct with BA and they corrected the error.

Did you communicate by email with opado, that will give you the evidence you need to take them to the small claims court. If they gave you any mis-leading information they are liable.
I accept that members do try to assist but am rather puzzled why this has started again.

Lots of sensible advice was given over a month ago yet the original poster has not come back with an update.

fwh
Maybe that was because i was reading through posts i had missed.

And i wanted to give my view that BA were excellent with me.
fwh

I think it is extremely rude for the original poster not to come back and thank the members who has tried to help, it happens all too often. I am not saying the original poster of this thread will not come back.
Last year whilst making a booking with Jet2 I accidentally clicked Twice and so produced 2 bookings. I immediately called them and they said that the flight was non refundable but as a gesture of goodwill and in view of the short time between the bookings they would cancel one lots of flights for a fee of £35.
Initially I was upset by this and I wrote to them but they insisted I do this or I would be left with the double booking. They already had my money. I accepted the ruling and I note that now it tells you DO NOT CLICK more than once.

I think there must have been a proceedure to change the names as they have this with most Airlines and it is for a fee.

Sue
can't think of a username,

This happens sometimes as you have noticed, especially when the answers received are not what the original poster was hoping for.

I do like to give folks the benefit of the doubt, sometimes we can't all get onto our PC's every day but you are right, it has been a while now.

Lets hope we hear the outcome from Sue soon.

Louise
It's even worse when someone sends you a PM and, after you've spent time giving them a full and considered response, you hear nothing further, not even an acknowledgement. :roll: It's happened to me a couple of times but most people are polite and I've received a lot of help on here. That's why it worries me I no longer get e-mails, as I have to keep checking to see if anyone has responded to queries I've had.
What e mails do you no longer get? I receive emails most days to say the the "topic I'm watching" etc etc. Could it be that something needs clicking or something on your profile? As you know, I'm something of a technophobe, but I know what I mean. :( :oops:
re. answers to PM's not being acknowledged. This has happened to me and I do think that it is rude, but there you go ----------. It takes all sorts! jenny x
Here on HT we have mostly a nice bunch of people who like to help others.

Yes from time to time we do get the odd ones who do not.

Some of those who try to help are people who have had the assistance when they had a problem.

That is something that makes it worth the time that some give in research etc.

I do wonder if topics should not be locked at times or perhaps an auto lock when a period of time has passed without response.

Perhaps Mods/Admin could tell us if that would be possible.

If people cannot take a few minutes to respond when others have put themselves out then, in my opinion, they do not deserve the help they get.

fwh
Dont think autolock is possible, but I will ask a techie ;)
It really is disappointing when a member uses the forum to ask for help, but dont come back to tell us the results. or even say thank you to the members.

Kath HT Admin
Twice recently I have spent time checking prices and posting a reply to people asking for help/advice, and heard nothing back. I think it's extremely rude,to say the least. I've also read countless post where other members have not had a thankyou. It makes me so angry. I'm so pleased I was brought up to have good manners, and not forgotten how to use them. Must say though these people are the minority on here.... :D ....Linda x
I know I am also guilty of this going off topic, so am going to lock it.

If the member comes back to update it, please pm me and I will re-open.

Kath HT Admin
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.