Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Need to book
4 Posts
Hello bejay, compared to Lagos. Not a lot :cry
but being on the East side of the Algararve you could always go to Faro/Tavira/Monte Gordo/Castro Marim and Vila Real de Santo Antonio from there you can even go over to Spain on the ferry, so there's a few days out. :tup
Dave.
I have been to both and liked both, but chose Lagos last year as my kids are a lot older and Lagos was better for us of an evening with all its hundreds of restaurants and bars.

My kids were much smaller when we went to cabby, and we made do with two or three resturants that we took a liking too along the main front street in Cabanas, where the sea is on the other side of the road (God I am not explaining it well). In Lagos we were in different ones most nights.

You are very near Tavira in Cabanas which is nice for a change of scenery. But from Lagos we went to Alvor, Carvoiere, Salema, Luz so also a lot to do there. We did have a car on both these holidays.

Easter Algarve is slightly hotter and less windy than western though if that's an issue for you, and a shorter transfer.

To be quite honest it's a nice dilema to have Cabanas or Lagos ? :D
Was going to reply, but Bejay will hopefully be on his/her way now :)

(and no, I'm not really jealous... :cry )
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.