Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Reading what you would like to do at hotel. iI know this is not the area you said but the coral hilton at nuweiba is a yes to everything you asked for.Its worth a look' we have been there 14 times and in 4wks back for our 15th. Can't help with hotels you listed but am sure you will get a lot of replies
Having read your list of "wants", Lynz, My thoughts were the same as Dolphins. The Coral Hilton in Nuweiba is not a new hotel, but their years of experience have certainly taught them how to provide a relaxing holiday and there would be no worries about anything not being available as with a lot of new hotels.

The last figure I heard was that 52% of guests were returners, which is very high for any hotel. We've been loads of times too and have never had a bad holiday! Longwoods is the major British T/O that goes there, so do have a look?
Hi Lynz, within the next 3 or 4 days I am going to write a review of my most favourite hotel in Sharm. I have stayed in 12 Sharm Hotels, but I absolutely love The Melia Sinai,
My review will explain why!
xxSBxx
thanks for the advice someone on tripadvisor said the same about the nuweiba!

whereabouts is nuweiba is it a resort in itself and will i still have access to tours and excursions ? it does look lovely and has good reviews!

snorklebabe am pming you hope that is ok x
Lynz, try this link to find map showing Nuweiba.
http://realtravel.com/nuweiba-egypt-destmap-d3124-50.html

Of course you would have access to all the excursions you could wish for, and some you wouldn't get in Sharm. Nuweiba is a resort in itself and has a busy port too. The sandy beaches are wide and idyllic with easy shallow access to the sea and there are some lovely reefs to snorkel in the area and diving available with several big name outfits. You wont find it to be a "shopping Paradise" but then you want to relax, dont you?
Hi snorkelbabe :) i have just had a look at the hotel you love, it cerainly
sounds lovely.
I tried to get some prices but the website just kept sayng "sorry couldnt
help",i only wondered as i think after this next trip i will be looking for somewhere different.
Mind you that will be 2009 as i have already booked next years :D
Hi Phyll, am I right in thinking you are going to the Conrad again in a few weeks? Well you will be able to go and have a look at the Melia for yourself. From the beach of the Conrad turn right and walk past the Baron, from there you will be able to see a big shiny lighthouse, That is the Melia, it is a small hotel and very personal, I really really love it.
Speak soon, how many sleeps for you now??
xxSBxx
thanks for the info on the hilton nuweiba i've been pricing it with thomson website (very reasonable especially considering the fantastic reviews) and some lovely photos of it on tripadvisor. a few niggles on there about it looking run down but they seem to be a year or more old those reviews, also someone not happy that they couldnt get all inclusive snacks by the beach ? is that still the case and is it a big deal, ie is it really far to walk to the nearest all inclusive eaterie? 8)

have either of you nuweiba hilton-goers used the a la carte restaurant there where you pay extra? happy to do that if the food is good especially since we'll be there for our anniversary.
hubby likes the sound of the italian buffet as well! is that a once per stay thing or can you go when you like?

ooh maybe we're leaning towards the hilton nuweiba after all!
Have you tried pricing it up with portland holidays? It is thomsons sister company and not in travel agents. They always come out cheaper than thomson, even though its the same company.

Michelle x
hiya yeh i did try portland but couldnt find the hotel on the site :(
Hi Lynzmk,

Just to add the the pro Nuweiba Coral posts.

The Italian is open throughout the summer and if you wished you could use that restaurant every night as its part of the All Inclusive ,pizzas and pasta are very good..

The beach snack bar is not part of the all inc regarding food but you can have some lovely dishes and the price is very resonable, drinks are all inclusive. the walk to the main restaurant is minimal.

The al la carte restaurant is apparently very good. i didnt go there myself last year but I am definately paying a visit once or twice this year.friends that we met out there paid a visit to it many times throughout their 2 weeks.

the hotel has now undergone refurbishment and all 3 accomodation buildings have now been completed.
very commfy they are too.

trips out to the usual destinations are available including the Dead Sea and Petra.
Cant comment on how good they are as I didnt go on any.

Easy snokelling off the beach on the house reef and walking distance for another good reef site in the next bay.
Very good reef off the excellent swisscare hotel which is up the road.
swisssinai is the owner of this hotel and he often posts on this Eygpt section especially on the "rambling" thread.
So if you want to escape the hilton for a day its lovely popping up to the Swisscare for some real chillout and snokel. see pictures on the Nuweiba section is the photo galleries.

hope this helps you and whatever decision you make then Im sure youll have a great holiday.

Wightlion
We did the Abou lou Lou for a wedding anniversary. Very nice grub - and the all-in bits are still all in (so if you stick with the house plonk it's still free) and you get a discount if resident in the hotel.. :D

One small problem - the waiting staff misundersood the word 'anniversary', turned off all the lights and came to our table singing while carrying a birthday cake. I let my wife blow out the candles... :lol:
lol! thats funny lol but i guess i know the french word for birthday is anniversaire lol maybe it's a variation on that theme in many languages!

it really seems as though the hilton nuweiba is looking good especially on the price front leaving a few extra pounds for excursions. i know it will be really hot in may we alwayssaid we wouldnt go in may even though that's our preferred holiday month, but i can't wait long enough to go in the winter!

\hubby is keen on the idea of the italian we had some of the nicest pizzas and pasta we've ever had, in the italian restaurant at lunch time in the last all inclusive we went to, in turkey! he says if it's up to those stabdards he will be happy! In a way i'm a bit apprehensive about not having 'heard of' nuweiba but it seems as though it's only a relatively short way from sharm so we could go and explore if we can bear the heat maybe go there next time. we've been to turkey twice and both times been to places off the beaten track, belek and sorgun, rather than the usual marmaris and bodrum. so no reason why we can't try somewhere 'different' in egypt!

apologies for any typos or ramblings, had a few sherberts!

L x
There you are, Lynz, you've even got some of the "Nuweiba Nuts" to encourage you! The whole thing about Nuweiba is that it ISNT well known and it ISNT a "manufactured resort" like Sharm or Taba. Were off in just over 3 weeks for our eighth visit on the trot, as we find it just unbeatable as a place to relax in wonderful surroundings.

Good luck with your decision!
Unfortunately Portland don't seem to be doing the Coral it's only in the main Thomson brochures. :evil:

It's still competatively priced (I know I've checked everywhere :oops: ) but would probably be even cheaper if they would stick it in their Portland book.

We live in hope I suppose. :wink:

Doe :D
Have you tried Longwoods for The Nuweiba Hilton, or even Jetline Travel?
Hi Carrot :D

Do you mean me or the original poster? :oops:
I've tried all of them although not in the last few weeks as haven't been feeling too great. Will leave booking till closer to (hopefully) departure.

When I was looking provided you put in one of Thomsons 100 pound discount codes which you can find on HT, they were marginally cheaper than longwoods and jetline for the week in April 08 that I was looking for.

The only thing I didn't try was actually ringing jetline, which Alan says gets you the best price of all. :D So I have still got that up my sleeve so to speak.

Also I was thinking that if the Coral books well with Thomson they may bring it in to Portlands, more limited selection as they tend to add hotels as the year goes on.

Doe :D
Hi, Doe!

I meant it for whoever, really! :lol:

I always haggle with Jetline and always get a good price even if I am a little less than truthful with them about what I have been quoted! :oops:
Ive booked the coral for next Easter and the cheapest i could find was via thomsons. the only other way you may find it cheaper is to check the price for the coral on http://www.hilton.co.uk (their price although it doesnt say is for A/I) and then check flight prices seperately . you could fly to sharm or Taba . http://www.XL.COM is likely to be the cheapest. We did it this way last year when we stayted at hilton sharks bay and saved a fortune but unfortunately for the dates we wanted next easter whilst the price was excellent on the hilton web site for the accomodation the flights were more expensive :( so for us it was cheaper on this occasion via thomsons.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.