Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
need help
50 Posts
if you have kept copies you may have a chance but you will have to move fast, I would phone before you go to the passport and visa offices to encure that you have all the paperwork you need with you to get a new passport

oh i do feel sorry for you hope it works out, good luck

J :)
God you poor thing. Good luck!
vegasone
I'm sure you've already googled 'replacing lost passport' and you know the VFS process for visas.
I'm sorry I've got nothing useful to add, just sympathy and fingers crossed.

I'm sure you're busy trying to get sorted but do let us know what's happening when you can.
does anyone have a phone number for the visa place
Hi this is the cheap rate number for VFS:
020 7811 3976.
Good luck!!
well no, I trawled through 50 tons of garbage as my rubbish was collected this morning but i could not find it my friends are at Gatwick I told them to go without me, I am very sad my mum is coming to stay with me as I am qquite bad. I phoned the visa place he said I can only go to goswell road and tell them whats happened and the passport place I have an appointment but again I have to plead thomas cook sadi I can ring monday and see if the seats on the flight they have tuesday are available..

I no I am not going I am so stupid
Im really sorry to read this vegasone it would be anyone's worst nighmare.. :cry :cry colleen
if I go to Goswell road tommorrow do they have forms I can fill in if they dont issue me with a replacement visa ? I have photos but I am not sure if they have forms up there to fill or shall I fill it in online the man on the vrf phone said I have to start all over agin and wait but he said I would have to speak to someine at goswell road what shal I do
WHATS THE EMAIL address for the visa place please
Not sure Vegas as never been to Goa but is this of any help:-

http://www.hcilondon.in/visa.php
Hi,
here is the e-mail address;

info.inuk@vfshelpline.com
I am not sure how you will be able to get a new visa until you have a new passport but best of luck!
i am going to the passport place at 8 so hopefully they will give me a passport that day if I plead with them
Should not be a problem getting a passport in person on the day, my passport office does that but you do pay quite a bit more. If you do manage that then all i can suggest is to go to visa application centre in Hayes, take your GBRL number and throw yourself at their mercy.
If worst comes to the worst, not sure about your insurance, by mine covers missed hols because of lost passports.
Reall wishing you good luck, hope all comes up trumps.
Hi vegasome,so so sorry for you,i just want to say that the Goswell rd office is really good,we live nearby and do our visas there,we had quite a complicated problem to sort this week and the guy we saw was brilliant,even kept me updated on the phone,if you do have to go along there try asking for Aquinin he is the supervisor and so helpfull. i really hope you get this sorted.you can fill in the forms on line at the office and print them off. GOOD LUCK
Vegasone
This is probably a really silly question but - are you 100% sure that you've thrown your passport & tickets away?
You've not put them away 'safe' somewhere?

OK, I hope this information will help you get your head round what needs to be done:

Have you spoken to your tour operator or airline?
Can they get you on a different flight (assuming you can get the travel documentation in time)?

Unfortunately I've noticed (from the Directgov website) that you can't use the 1 day Premium service for replacement of lost, damaged or stolen passports, so going in person to the Regional Passport Office may not be any good. Then again, you might find somebody who will be really helpful, especially if you'e already spoken to them and explained your predicament.

You CAN use the 1 week fast-track service:
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Passports/Loststolenordamagedpassports/DG_174163

Look here for info on urgent passport information:
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Passports/howlongittakesandurgentappplications/DG_174149

You will also need to report your passport lost.
You can download the form from the website.

Once you know the situation with your travel arrangements and whether it's worth using the fast-track service, I'd start by ringing the Passport Office.
Call the IPS Passport Adviceline on 0300 222 0000, lines open at 8.00am.

Then try to contact VFS (if you haven't already done so) on the cheaper number that Squigs quoted:
020 7811 3976.

IF YOU DO GO TO THE PASSPORT OFFICE THIS MORNING, DO MAKE SURE YOU TAKE ALL THE DOCUMENTS MENTIONED IN THE LINKS.

I really hope that you can get this sorted out and salvage your holiday.
Good luck for this morning.
Good luck Vegas - been thinking about you :kiss
Prettypollycat wrote:
This is probably a really silly question but - are you 100% sure that you've thrown your passport & tickets away?
You've not put them away 'safe' somewhere?

Hmm, not so silly!

See, it COULD be that having this prized possession (bearing in mind the problems, some people are having getting a visa) vegasone secured the documents a little too safely? I think they're STILL at vegasone's place.....not in the rubbish.

I'd turn the place upside down.

Good luck anyway.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.