General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
:wave: Hi Blossom,

The red sea in Egypt would be a good choice for October. The weather will be hot and there are plenty of AI hotels. Coral Sea Resort and Holiday village in Sharm would have lots going on for children. I have also stayed in Hilton Sharks Bay with teenagers. :)
Hi,

could you give an indication of your budget? How long a time you would be prepared to fly for etc..

Egypt is always good, other destinations that would be warm in October are in the Canary island, Tenerife/Gran Can, Lanzarote etc

I have never been myself but others on this forum may recommend Turkey for you.
Just looked at Egypt - it is a bit pricey for me to be honest! Looks fab though!

I'm not sure budget wise - how does around the £500 pp mark sound?

I don't really want to be on a plane for hours and hours.

Sorry I hadn't thought of posting these before.
Blossom, go onto (eg) the Direct Holidays website, leave the destination as any destination, fill in your airport, dates of travel, 2 adults 2 kids aged 11 and 14. Select the AI for board and fill in your budget per person.

Then search. I just tried it and it came up with some lovely places.
Hi Sally

I have been doing that on a few sites, but I am just so unaware if the weather is nice in the destinations at that time of year or if all the pools are open or if all of the All Inclusive things are on offer as I have noticed that a couple of holidays states that the drinks are only available for 12 hours a day - whereas in the height of summer it says 24 hours. Am I being picky lol :)
BTW My budget isn't fixed I am willing to go a bit higher :)
I would love to go to Sun Zeynep, Belek, Turkey, but can't find anything for the dates we can go.

My friends have just come back from there and say that we would love it!

Am open to other destination suggestions too though :)
When you find somewhere it is worth pricing up 2 rooms for 4 adults. It sometimes comes in cheaper than a family room ;)
A holiday to Sun Zepnep in Turkey has come up somehow on the Thomas Cook website but when I do a search for it, that particular hotel doesn't come up in searches! It is also only with the option of 2 adults and I can't add anymore in :(
Hi Blossom, may I ask where you'd like to fly from?
Bristol would be the better one for us, but any London airport I guess or even Birmingham :)
Hi Blossom,
TC is coming up with a good selection of SC during half term from Bristol to Turkey. Pricers for sc range from £388pp to just over £500pp. There are also 2 AI's showing at just over £650pp.
Hi Shirley

I'll take another look - thank you.

I've looked so much right now that my brain is frazzled lol!
I know how you feel blossom. I'm in the process of looking for something for next Easter and I'm going around in circles lol.

TC have got some good prices to Gran Canaria (from Bristol) which will be lovely in October. the flights there depart on Mon 25th Oct. SC for just under £400 and a few half boards and AIs for between £500 and £700pp. Good luck and have fun researching!
Thank you Shirley :)
Let me know which holiday you finally decide on too :) x
hi blossom .If you want guaranteed sunshine & heat end oct I think I would concentrate on Egypt,Canaries or maybe morocco and tunisia . If you are willing to take a bit more of a risk with the weather then you can add Turkey and greece to the list . Anywhere I suppose would have a good chance of T shirt weather but do you want to be able to sunbathe?

lyn
Hi Blossom you might also try Portland Direct which is now part of the Tui group (Thomson) and they are coming up with come excellent prices too :cheers
hi blossom.....this may be of interest to you.....family room ...The Lago Taurito....Playa Taurito...Gran caneria ....7 nights...flying from gatwick on mon 16th oct...a thomas cook package...£516 each AI

Im not sure when the half term is....we are off for 2 weeks on same holiday on monday...went for a week there last year...me hubby 14yr old and lad in his 2o's....had a lovely time....read my review on here...my 15yr old was given the choice about where we would go this year and he chose to go back to the Lago....there is a water park right infront of the hotel and if your booked in the Lago entry is free...you can get a drink between 8.30am and 11pm officially but bar stays open till 12midnight...tweetie
Thanks for all the advice everyone :) I really appreciate it all.

Tweetie - that looks and sounds great - but it's before when I can go (having 2 kids in school) the date I am looking to leave is 23rd or 24th October or maybe even the 25th at a push! Hope you have a great time :) :)
Blossom it is £573 pp the october half term wk. BUT it is a Monday Flight.
Same flight day but £592 from Bristol.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.