Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Polly50, yes the silla goa is just up the road from us and where is the party??????? Hopefully we will have recovered from hubby's party the night before!!
But is it big enough Gems :think ...and it does not do food but it sells coffee :cheers
I think somewhere that doesnt do food is a good idea Irishcolleen. I will tell you why I think this, for example I think Lazy Days would rather have people in eating and drinking but not just drinking do you know what I mean? So if we find somewhere thats just a pub then that would solve the problem. Bubbles is quite small, but the most people ive ever seen at a meet is about 20 (and that was only once) so around 20 people would get in no bother, and the price of the coffee is brilliant :cheers ;)
I agree with you Gemma I think we can get 'big' or used to in the past (some of the meets 2 yrs ago got really crowded remember) and restaurants want to sell food not just drinks... or most do..and most of us didnt eat.... I agree Calangute seems central ...
chilly
but I just dont think we want to do things like this all the time and have all different dates floating about the place. If thats the case its probably better arranged with interested parties by PM.

An excellent point from Gemma. The original two meetings were okd by HT (as per the T&Cs of this site) but really the forum was in danger last season of being taken over by various meet threads(which had not be okd by HT first). We then had follow up threads asking what happened to everyone who said they would go. As pointed out on this thread as well, things happen on holiday and you dont always want to be beholden to dates. I'm happy to have a thread for set meets as per usual but would ask that any further meets are arranged by pm please. Once days and locations are sorted I'll lock this and start up a new thread with days and locations in the heading- or first post.
Hi Fiona
:offtop or on topic which ever way you view it, i started this thread to see when people are coming over and if they would like to meet up with a few of the new members and old members, some of the new people do not know about the weekly meets even i did not know. Please do not remove this thread as i will use it to PM anyone who wants to meet up in December or start a new one for me ( meetings in December, I will leave it to you Fiona. :yikes

As for anyone who wants to organise another meet they should start a new thread because not a lot of people will go back pages and pages to find old threads most people are looking for upto date advice so they look at the last couple of pages.

Bye for now

Mike
Hi mike and carol,
I would love to meet up again this season,i should be over in November again till April.
Did manage the first meet on the 13th Nov last year at the Teama bar ,nice night.
But missed the next one in the shack,as i walked the wrong way on the beach and never found you lot. :whoops .
After that lost track off you all . :que

Found the wrist bands very handy,had mine on all the time as that is where i kept my keys to my apartment till they rotted and burst,think the mossy spray did that . :cry

Thanks again with your help last year with taxi and info. :tup
Hope to meet up . :sun2
Kind regards.
Jinnie.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.