Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Mike
makes good sound sense to me!!! Yes hasn't the rain kicked in!! but as you say its lush...if flooded everywhere!! and i cant stay awake for chat room either!! I have to say everything feels great here in Goa at the mo and the atmosphere seems to have lifted somewhat and returned to 'normal' after all the tensions of last season...... or maybe i am just going crackers!! :D

It was good to meet you albeit briefly at Molly's and lets as you say make some more definite meets this coming season... don't know if anyone else agrees but i think it has all gone a bit pear shaped since we started adding so many different meet nights and places?? in the beginning a few years ago, it seemed to work, not saying we have to keep same venue as back then, but does anyone else think we should have a more definite regular meet rather than loads here and there which seems to result in half of us meeting and the other half meeting but not all of us?? ( :duh did that make sense :rofl its Goa!!) anyways, Just an idea :think
chillyx
  • Edited by chilly 2008-06-12 21:10:08
personally -can't wait to come back we are only a two week stayer albeit for 13 years...this year have ditched Casa Sea Shell due to their lack of je ne sais pas - and i'm not been pretencious is saying that -I just felt very let down after staying there for over 7 years and using the hotel properly (ie buying drinks / water from the bar not shops etc) and decided to vote with our feet and stay via a package which is something we haven't done in years.

So.....i'm going back to Goa with a fresh step - yes i'm only there for two weeks but my money is as important as anyone elses and can't wait xxxx
good for you Candolim lover!! :tup what happened at casa seashell??
chilly
Hi everybody!
We have been going to goa for 14 years but only recently discovered this forum but glad that i did because the info I got from here saved me alot of money on flights. We normally go to goa for january and february but this year we are going there at the end of october for 5 weeks and then going back in january. Hubby is having a big birthday at the end of november so what better place to celebrate it!! Didn't realise Molly Malones was so popular with forum people. Our house is just up the road but we have only been there once as it was so busy and took ages to get served. Will now visit more to see if people off the forum are there. What other bars do forum people go to?
How many do you want me to name
Molly's
Bubbles Nera Calangute market
Jungle village ( Tuesday pool night )
Palm Tree (good food and entertainment run by a great family)
Travel Bar NEW but very nice
Candolim
Fishermans cove
Teama bar
Cactus bar
The carvery
Shivers( Sunday lunch Carvery mmm!!! and quiz night on a thursday )
Foxes
Horizon bar and guest house
Rufflles

Can everyone put the dates down for when they are coming and it will be easier to arrange meet for different times.

Too many bars to mention
WE will be there in november for 3 weeks and again in march for 2 weeks you all know me just tell me where the meet up is and we will be there :cheers I think the CARVERY in candolim would make a good meeting place its big and kinda of outdoors...but I will go with what everyone else thinks ....
Mike did bubbles move then they were telling me they were moving ....can you tell me more as to where they are I know you said near the market but you know me :think ......PS I really loved the day we has a beach meet up can we do that again too :cheers...oh and if you want to have a wee chat in the chat room P m me and we will see what we can do ....
In Goa for 9 weeks January and February! Went to meetings at Lazy Days last season but never anyone there, except Hullsmoggy and his wife. Had a good night with them, i think!! :rofl . Think Lazy days is too popular with people eating there now, and probably too small. Looking forward to meetings next season!!
Dec 18th for two weeks :sun2 can meet up anytime for :cheers and we can have a good :rofl
We arrive on 14 December for 3 weeks but will be travelling up to Delhi to see Taj Mahal etc for 5 days out of that. Not booked the trip yet, price seems to have gone up astronomically since last season, suppose its the fuel, but will have to decide on something soon. Whenever we are in Goa we will be at the meet ups though wherever they are, met some great people last year.
The best place for a meet is somewhere central - probably Calangute is the best bet. Not everyone stays in Candolim or Baga so somewhere in the middle IMO is best.
I also think one meet a week is enough. Presently there is two meets a week - Sunday night in Mai Tai in Candolim and Wednesday night at Lazy Days in Baga.
Mai Tai is a no no for me, too many mozzie and unless you are staying in Candolim its very out the way. I think Lazy Days is too small and too busy and I think Adolf would rather people ate in there rather than just meeting for a drink.
My suggestion for next season is the Public Bar in Calangute, very central, next to the Calangute steps, its very big and its sooooo cheap. I dont mind what night the meet is on, anything suits me. Maybe keeping it mid-week is a good idea or a day when there is not a lot of flights going in and out so more people will turn up.
I'm there for 3 weeks from 6 December and again for 3 weeks from 6 March. I think the Public Bar is a good idea, also the Carvery, I'm sure Ram would appreciate that. Somewhere cheap and cheerful is always a good idea.
hi mike 14th december for 3 weeks wish it was tomorrow are we wearing blue bands this year never took mine of last year only found one other person and that was loveley chilly :wave:
Hi Dawn

I think it would be a good idea to wear the blue bands. i think that's why some people did no tmeet up last year, because they were not sure wether to say hello to someone or not.

Mike

PS all dates and place are being noted keep them coming and the amount in each party ie: wife and hubby, two mates or more etc.
We are there from 21 November for 2 weeks and we have blue bands. We havent met anybody from the forum yet but would like to put faces to names and any day or time will do for us
Please be aware that Holidaytruths holds no responsibility for any exchanges of personal information made between members whom you have met on this forum, and any arrangements made are at your own risk.

When arranging to meet or exchange information with someone you have chatted to on the forums, please remember that you are dealing with a complete stranger.

Don't exchange too many personal details online or by pm, including home address,email, phone number, and dont divulge your full name. Never go alone to the first few meetings and don't be tempted to divulge too many personal detail at anytime.

Please try and remember during the relaxed holiday atmosphere on the board , that you have been conversing with a total stranger, who could be telling you absolutely anything which may or may not be entirely truthful.
I will be there from november 8 for a month and would love to get to a meet up during that time when you find a place let me know
You got the bands from HT but I believe they are all finished now :(
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.