Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Candybabe
Patrickk's Bar used to be a bar called Tiger Tail, we used to drink there February 2008, it was a good place for people watching if you could get a table at the front.

We noticed that they've 'fenced in' the balustrades now.

We didn't try it this time but we might do when we're there in Feb next year.
Was it busy?
We are normally only in there until around 8 pm, before we move off to eat (unless we have eaten in there) but there is a steady stream of customers and Patrick tells me they operate until 3 am so I think there are a lot of late customers still. I remember it as Tiger Trail but we never went then. My husband likes to drink in there because their Belos beer at 50 rps is the cheapest we have found in the area. I believe Patrick alson owns the Mango Tree (but I could be wrong).
Candybabe
Does anyone knowe where Yanni who used to run TigerTrial has gone? I know he's got the chinese restaurant around the corner, but wonder if he's got another bar as well?

We're going back in Feb after 3 years, im sure we'll see some changes!
In Patricks this week and was charged 180rps for fish and chips and bread and butter extra.
In my opinion the fish and chips are better at Tony's (for the same money) It is further up the Candolim road down the beach road opposite the turn off to Panjim (going over Nerhul Brigdge).
Don't know about extra for bread because I don't eat it but fish and chips is definitely 150 rps. Was in there last night and people were queuing for tables - might have been because Friday is traditional fish and chips night at home!
Candybabe
Thanks Candybabe, may well try Patricks, as was a bit dissapointed, with Tony's a few nights ago. Slightly off topic, but, will there be anywhere open normally in Candolim on Christmas day, I've seen & heard of some places doing christmas specials, but I'm not sure I can be doing with all that in this heat but, don't want to starve either!!
NANETTE447 wrote:
Does anyone knowe where Yanni who used to run TigerTrial has gone? I know he's got the chinese restaurant around the corner, but wonder if he's got another bar as well?

We're going back in Feb after 3 years, im sure we'll see some changes!

Tigertrail is still up and running,but Yanni is not here ths season.but still lreally good chinese food at good prices and Honey Bs only 30rps :tup

waterproof wrote:
In Patricks this week and was charged 180rps for fish and chips and bread and butter extra.
In my opinion the fish and chips are better at Tony's (for the same money) It is further up the Candolim road down the beach road opposite the turn off to Panjim (going over Nerhul Brigdge).

Patricks has always charged us 140 rps for fish and chips and 35rps for honey bs,We think its on par with Tonys place for taste
but get a bigger helping at Tonys for the extra 40rps.We like them both. :tup
OK - we got ripped off then - did not ask for the menu as we said we wanted 2 fish, chips and peas -
Does it come with bread and butter - answer - no that is extra.

Looking at the bill now which is my OH hand - fish and chips 180rps each.

Could not believe how small the portion was compared to Tony's for the same price when we got the bill (OH got 11 chips and I got 9 so he had to share :D )
This is an observation and not to be disruptive on the forum.

If you go to Tony's you MUST visit the chocolate shop next door - took another forum member who is here on holiday there last night and she was in raptures over it - Colva has nothing like it.
Tigertrail is still up and running

Split, I'm a bit confused about this as I was pretty sure that Patrickk's Bar was where Tiger Tail used to be (at least back in Feb 2008).

Has Tiger Tail opened in different premises as a bar?
If so, where?

Thanks
Prettypollycat wrote:
Tigertrail is still up and running

Split, I'm a bit confused about this as I was pretty sure that Patrickk's Bar was where Tiger Tail used to be (at least back in Feb 2008).
Has Tiger Tail opened in different premises as a bar?
If so, where?
Thanks

Hi Prettypollycat,I think Where Patricks bar is now, used to be called Yanis Bar,but because his no longer there, been renamed Patricks bar .The Tigertrail as far as i know has always been down the little side road next to the big Newtons,again Yanis not there but some one else has taken it over,but its still called Tigertrail.
Thanks for that, Split.

For some reason I'd always thought that was TigerTail (or Tigertrail).
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.