America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
NEW ENGLAND
8 Posts
Have just returned from there. Where abouts are you going?
Dear Johnp

We haven't decided yet looking for some ideas.
It really depends on which season you are thinking of going in. If you are looking to go in the fall, then the Green and White Mountains are must.If you go in the summer then it's best on the coast, or do the tourist round trip Boston, Niagra, New York.
The best tip I have is book your flights in the January sale that most of the larger airlines have.
Marcia, not sure of your budget range but would highly recommend a couple of nights at one of the most unigue hotels in North America - The Wheatleigh. It is located in the Berkshire mountains of western Massachusetts in the town of Lenox. See http://www.wheatleigh.com - yes, pricey but aren't you worth the luxury?
Hi all.
Could anybody tell me the best time the visit New England for maximum colour of the maple leaves
Hi garys1958 and welcome to HT!

I have merged your post with an existing one on New England.

I believe the fall (autumn) is the best time to go so I would guess mid-September to October.

luci :wave
Be carefull not to go too early. The brouchers will tell you the season starts early September through October, but thats just them extending the season.
There is a standing joke in New England that when asked the best time to visit they reply it's 10.10am on 10th October. and thats not far from correct.
I would go around that time, but it also depends on where you visit, the higher you or the further north you go the earlier it is but only by a few days. so look to visit the White or Green mountains area.
Once there the local weather stations show maps of the area giving peak colour to low colour daily.
Also check when Columbus Day (weekend,) and a New England weekend is Friday and Saturday is as this is the time it gets really busy on the roads and all the hotels are fully booked.
A final tip is to look at the hotel prices, they rise when it's peak colour time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.