Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
is there not a glass tub at airport were you could throw it in?. think I see it somwere were all the money goes to a charity but im not sure what airport tho .
Tammie52, I suspect that if morjim phil has asked his bank about this, then it is because the sum involved is more than he would want to just chuck in the loose change bin at the airport. The Indian Rupee is a controlled currency with limits on the amount of them you can export from India and as with most controlled currencies, if you are a non-resident you can only change rupees back into £sterling if you have a reciept for changing them from £sterling in the first place.

Morjim phil, is it your UK bank that has told you this or do you have an Indian bank account and it is that bank that has told you that you can't do this? There must be ways that you can do this but everything that I can find suggests that they are restricted to Indian nationals who need foreign currency for work and/or study trips abroad or are emigrating.

SM
the icici bank in calangute told me this and the money i have is not in a bank account its just money i have accumulated over a period of a few years and no i dont have any receipts for the money.
Attend a carvery meet and offer a good exchange rate ?
DaveWales wrote:
Attend a carvery meet and offer a good exchange rate ?

Best suggestion so far..................or amongst friends?
I have found that the only place i can legaly re-exchange money in Egypt is to use Thomas Cook, :que maybe you can get them to change your rps to sterling for you or to supply you with sterling travelors cheques or an international money transfer to a British bank acc.
They do have an Indian online website, but I,ve never seen a TCook branch in Goa though :really

Gaz
I've never received a receipt when I have changed money at the Elephant Shop.
Admittedly I have only changed pounds to rupees.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.