Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
new holiday
17 Posts
Who did you book these apartments with as I can't find any information.

Thanks
Hi Glynis, I cant find these apartments either, I have never heard of them, wonder whether the accommodation is on Avenida Sa Carneiro which is The Strip. Cheers Jayjan
Funny enough the Portuguese word "carneiro " means sheep" Perhaps a joke thread? :lol: :lol:
I can't find a listing in the local telephone book or yellow pages.
hi guys

the full address is da aldeia, av dr, francisco as carneiro apt :lol: :lol: hope this helps. so can you tell me about the area in general like were the best bars are for instance
Hi Gaz Your right in the heart of "The Strip" where all the bars, discos & restaurants are, you will be spoilt for choice. The area of the Strip is classed as the new town and Albufeira old town is about 1.5 kms away. The hotel Da Aldeia/ apartments are ok, but hope you dont like going to bed early as it is quite noisy where the hotel is situated. Av Dr Fransico Carneiro is the name of the street which the hotel Aldeia is situated on, which is known as "The Strip". Have a look at the hotel reviews . Cheers Jayjan
hi jayjan

thanks for your info but with me being on my own whats the local talent like :lol: :lol: and were,s the best place to go i dont mind staying up late i,m young at heart and love all kinds of music love a good party :lol: :lol: oh and whats the cost of living like? is it cheap?
Hi Gaz, If you like music Renos, La Bamba, Wilde & co, The Garage,Ancora, Cafe del Mar.Albertus bar, Paradise bar/restaurant, Estrell Azul (Blue star Bar).They are too numerous to mention but are all on "The Strip". Kiss Disco is near the old town but if you plan goin there it dosn't get lively till around 3 in the morning. The majority of the bars I've mentioned dont close till around 2am. Albufeira old town has loads of bars & restaurants also.Drinks can be expensive in some of the bars especially Wilde & co Renos Cafe del Mar La Bamba, you just have to suss them out, eating is reasonably priced. I'm sure you will find something that suits you to enjoy your holiday. When do you go in May? Cheers Jayjan
hi jayjan

thanks for your help that info is great and yes i,m sure i,ll find something i like i usualy do :lol: :lol: i,m going the 3rd may till the 10th whats the weather normaly like around that time?
Hi Gaz The weather should be ok around 70 deg plus, can be cool at night though so take a jumper or similar. We are going on the 18th May. Enjoy your hols. Cheers Jayjan
Gaz, we are going on the 3rd may for 2 weeks and we are staying right on the strip in the vilanova apartments, we also stayed here for the same 2 weeks 2 years ago and found the weather great and the nightlife mint!
hi alexfan

great maybe we could meet up and have a drink or three :lol: :lol: were are you flighing from and what time?
Hi, Alex, Vilanova great especially if you have young family, right in the heart of everything.Have you been in the Albertus Bar for the free shots? yukks never do em they are lethal. Let me know what the weather is like when you come back, as we go on the 18th May, then maybe i can lighten my suitcase, lol but always take things "Just in case". Hubby always has more clothes left at our house in Portugal than he packs in his suitcase when we go so he travels light, but not a womans thing she takes the world & his wife so to speak.(well thats me). Anyway enjoy your holiday. Gaz hope u enjoy your holiday too pity we arnt out at the same time otherwise we could have met up and had a drink together. Cheers Jayjan
hi jayjan

thanks for tip about the free shots i,ll try anything once lol hope you enjoy your holiday too i,m sure you wil i,l enjoy mine dont worry no matter what, i always say a holiday is what you make it lol
Hi Gaz, we are flying from Liverpool. I think the flight is 8.55 am. Counting down the weeks now, not long :sun :glynis :yipee :fly :sun
Ooooops, not flying from liverpool, going from manchester. but will still be in resort for lunch time wooo hoooo!!!!!!
  • Edited by alexfan 2007-03-20 10:48:28
hi alex

i,m flighing from liverpool also but my flight is 07:00 arriving there at 10:00 so i,ll see you in a bar somewhere :lol: :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.