Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
dragon07 wrote:
as of 15/11/2012 Sim cards in Goa will take 4-5 days to go live,so if you know anyone out here ,who you can ask ,tell them to get yours before you arrive :que

What about the paperwork?
Hi all :cheers
i read on a previous thread that the "Elephant" shop in Candolim hires out mobile phones....
is this still the case, and if so , how does it work... :think
Many thanks.....Neil
botany bay,,,,,,,if they are your friends they would get them in own names obviously
Hi all.... :cheers
just heared that the reason it will take 4 to 5 days to go active is due to checks being carried out on the person purchasing the sim card.....
Only one sim card per person..... :que
P.S....any news about Elephant shop loaning out phones.... :think
noggin wrote:
Hi all.... :cheers
just heared that the reason it will take 4 to 5 days to go active is due to checks being carried out on the person purchasing the sim card.....
Only one sim card per person..... :que
P.S....any news about Elephant shop loaning out phones.... :think

Thats how I understood it to be, and legally enforceable.

So the solution of getting someone else to apply would be illegal, probably impossible, and would involve committing fraud?
Friends of ours went to the main Vodaphone shop in Mapusa and had the phone working within 24 hours

When you use a local shop on the CCB strip they wait for the paper work to be collected and processed by the provider, which is what causes the delay as now a phone can't be connected until the paper work registered

Noggin, don't think hiring out phones would be legal now
spoken to somone last night who was able to get a sim card in Calangute straight away, took him trying 3 different people mind you and his phone worked straight away. so as with most things in India there are ways and means and not everything is always as it first seems.
Jayne
I would avoid this blunder totally.
SteveandJayne wrote:
spoken to somone last night who was able to get a sim card in Calangute straight away, took him trying 3 different people mind you and his phone worked straight away. so as with most things in India there are ways and means and not everything is always as it first seems.
Jayne
I was thinking of asking a shack lad I know if he could get me the lend of one for the time we will be there or is that a bad idea I might get 50 million calls for its would be owner Colleen
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.